Romantic ghost manor au Melly headcanons

For base info on this au go here! (Link doesn't work on wattpad, please check the tumblr version for the link)

Warnings: Mentions of insects (spiders, butterflies, etc)

Story type: Fluff, Au

Pairings/Characters: Melly Plinius - "Entomologist" x Gender neutral Reader, Mike Morton - "Acrobat", Emma Woods - "Gardener"

(I physically couldn't find any melly fanart that i could credit and make a banner at the same time so i'm using the 4th anniversary promotional thing, possible ooc)

Melly is more of a background ghost, and what I mean by that is she kinda just chills wherever. She's mostly by herself in the background watching others chat or do activities together. Not to say she dislikes interacting with others, she has her friends and likes talking to people. However sometimes she'd rather sit alone or sit next to someone in silence, most of the time thinking of her studies.

Similar to Victor she also revealed herself to you relatively early just so you wouldn't panic about her existence. Unlike Victor however she does make slight efforts to get to know you and at least become acquainted with you. For awhile you two would just stay as acquaintances until Melly adjusted too your presence and started going out of her way too chat with you more.

Any insect problem with the manor due to how old and broken down it is? Melly's got you covered! Due to her massive experience in the field of biology she knows about a lot of bugs ranging from butterflies to spiders and how to effectively remove them from the house. Though she wouldn't mind studying them or using them as specimens if you'd let them stay in the house for a tinyyy bit longer. Just long enough for her to nab one.

Melly is pretty touch neutral, she doesn't mind and sometimes likes hugs or holding hands but not all the time. Before you get into a relationship with her she'll remain touch neutral but once you do she leans more towards liking PDA.

Once Melly realizes her feelings for you start expecting a lot of bug themed gifts. Such as dried butterfly specimens in glass cases that can be hung up on the wall, or maybe even a biology book. Melly will be a bit sad if you're scared of insects but will respect your fears and find different gifts to give you. She'll actively spend more time around you, mostly just hovering around in the background. Watching whatever you're doing or standing beside you listening to you talk.

Melly confesses to you by having a certain acrobat named Mike lead you too the garden of the manor and having the gardener Emma have you sit down on one of the many benches in the garden. Emma handed you a flower crown and said that Melly had made it for you. Soon Melly herself arrives there, carrying an assortment of books. Emma excuses herself and leaves the garden, just leaving you and Melly. She sits beside you and sets the books down on apart of the bench that isn't occupied and begins to start small talking with you. After asking you how your day had been she hands you a book that she thought you would like, even if you weren't much for reading or didn't like reading it was still a kind gesture that would be rude to turn down. As you open the book and skim through the pages a paper in the shape of a rectangle falls out from inbetween the pages. You pick it up assuming it was some kind of bookmark until Melly suggests for you to open it. Slightly confused you do as she says, you unfold the piece of paper and realize it's a letter. As you start reading Melly takes off her helmet, letting her hair that she usually keeps in a bun fall down. She smiles at you as you read, your eyes expanding in shock at what feelings the letter revealed. Your eyes wander over to hers as one of her hands reach for one of yours, the other hand going to cup your cheek. She kept the same sweet smile on her face as you nearly got lost in her beautiful eyes, the face she normally kept hidden was so beautiful, so pretty, you wondered why she even hid it in the first place. "May I?" She asked, leaning slightly closer to your lips. You leaned forward closing your eyes as she finished closing the gap between you two. You embraced in that garden and all seemed at peace.

As your relationship continues Melly will invite you out on walks in the forest with her. While she's out examining the wild life you trail behind her, helping her carry her books the net she usually keeps on herself. She also has started to teach you more about bugs and try and find some bugs you aren't scared of so she can gift you more things she has easy access too and knows about. It may be a bit weird dating a ghost but you're happy like this, and you wouldn't trade it for anything.