Romantic ghost manor au Emily headcanons

For base info on this au go here! (Link doesn't work on wattpad, please check the tumblr version for the link)

Warnings: Mentions of getting sick + medicine, mentions of food

Story type: Fluff, Au

Pairings/Characters: Emily Dyer - "Doctor" x Gender neutral Reader, Emma Woods - "Gardener", Kevin Alonso - "Cowboy"

(pov: kevin and emma play wingmen/woman /hj, possible ooc)

Emily was one of the first ghosts that showed herself to you other then Emma, though Emily was a little nervous about meeting you it turned out to be for the better

Emily was one of the first ghosts that showed herself to you other then Emma, though Emily was a little nervous about meeting you it turned out to be for the better. Because she didn't hold off on meeting you and hiding her existence it didn't take as long for you to warm up to her as possibly some of the others.

Though some of Emily's practices may be outdated she's still a doctor, and it's always good that you have her around whenever you get sick. She always takes care of you with the most tender smile on her face, gently helping you sit up from bed if needed and reminding you to take medications if you need any.

Emily was sort of touch averse at first, it's not that she hated being touched, it's just that she wasn't use to you. But after she got used too you she couldn't help but start imagining what it would be like to hold your hand, would it be warm compared to her cold one? Or would her coldness make your warmth vanish? She didn't know, but she knew she wanted to be close to you.

Because of her close friendship with Emma she had easy access to flowers and started learning how to make bouquet's. Once she felt one was good enough she'd give one to your along with a note reminding you to take care of yourself, reminding you to make sure to get rest and to drink enough water.

The moment she confesses to you is a simple but sweet thing, she was able to convince some of the other ghosts to help her out. Though Emma is hurt and upset about it, she wants her beloved to be happy and could never bring herself to hurt you. When you come back from work it's strangely quiet but Emily is waiting inside the house for you at the front door. She welcomes you in and continues talking to you, eventually guiding you to the dinning room. She asks you too sit down and said that she and Kevin had made dinner for you. As you sit down she scurries off seemingly bashful and shy, which confused you with how normally composed she was. Kevin soon came into the room and placed a plate of food infront of you and talked with you for some time, mentioning how special you were to the doctor. he left soon afterwards as Emily returned and sat beside you, seemingly more flustered then when she had left. You asked her if there was anything wrong and she sighed in response and began talking to you. Soon these words slipped out of her mouth, "Y/n, though we've only known eachother for the few months you've lived here, it's feels like i've known you for all of time. You mean a lot too me and it feels like the bond we've made feels more then just a normal friendship. Though i've done some horrible things you still accept me, still like me, still...treat me human. I want to be by your side for as long as possible. I want to know, y/n, do you.. love me like i love you?"

You could only sit there flabbergasted at what just came out of this woman's mouth, it took a few minutes for you to process what happened but as soon as you did you took her hand into yours. Even if you accepted the confession in the most awkward way Emily would still be beaming with happiness and would ask for permission to kiss you. Despite being dead, Emily was quite warm for a ghost as you embraced and kissed.

As your relationship continues as lovers you start waking up to seeing her in bed with you every morning, even if she can't sleep she'll still lay beside you in bed. This woman just loves you too much to not stare at your beautiful sleeping face.