Passive Playtime (Platonic oneshot with Memory & Anne)

Legit just made this because my partner kept booping memorys nose while waiting for a match together and gave me ideas.

Warnings: None

Story type: Fluff

Characters/pairings: Memory - "Little girl", Anne - "Toy Merchant"

(possible ooc)

Toys were always a source of comfort to Anne, ever since she was a little girl she adored toys

Toys were always a source of comfort to Anne, ever since she was a little girl she adored toys. They were there when the people you cared for and needed most weren't, you could depend on them for comfort. One of the sole purpose's of opening the toy shop in the first place was to create that comfort, not only a safe space for her, but hoping to create comfort for many other children who couldn't find it. When Anne and Memory first met most of the survivors were eating dinner. Memory was shy and didn't say much, though Annie wanted to get to know her better. She knew that Memory probably would rather keep to herself. But then she got an idea, noticing that plushie memory always kept with her she began thinking. If memory likes plushies, wouldn't she like toys? A smile came across Annes face as she went back to her room with a plan, it would be awhile until the matches for today started up, time to put her profession to use. Annie spent awhile trying to make the perfect toy, though she didn't know much about memory she had a array of toys and designs she could work off of and attempt to make something appealing to memory. Though plushies aren't Annes exact area of expertise she slightly knows how to make them. But it may take too long making plushies... Wait a minute. Dolls! Perfect! Annes face lit up with determination as she started working away.

Anne spent the next few days working on a set of dolls, all with their own unique personalities, looks, and talents. Making each one with care and love put into it. She stepped back from the table she used to carve, paint, and make the dolls on. She couldn't be prouder, they turned out amazing! Now all she needs to do is give them too memory. Anne grabbed the 5 dolls and made her way towards memorys room. Knocking, Anne waited for the girl to open the door. Memory soon opened the door, confused on why Anne was here. "Miss Anne....? Is there anything wrong?" Memory questioned. "Not at all! I just came by to give you something!" Anne chirped happily and showed memory the 5 dolls. "I finished making these a few hours ago, I wanted to give you these. I know you'd probably prefer plushies, but i'm not exactly the best at making those." Memorys once confused face became shocked, and then she formed and very small smile as she reached to take the dolls from Anne. "T..Thank you.. Miss Annie.." Memory said as she held the dolls in one arm while holding her plushie in the other. Anne smiled, "Anytime dearie, I'm gonna head to bed now. Have fun playing with them!"

A few days had passed since Anne had given memory those dolls. Memory had slowly been getting more comfortable around Anne and started sitting with her for breakfast, visiting her room to see the toys she was working on, and would very shyly ask Anne if she could make her more toys. After all the matches finished up for the day and Anne was ready to head back to her room she soon heard a familiar voice calling her name. "Miss Anne..?" Memory approached Anne looking like she wanted to ask a question. "What is it dear?" Anne smiled at the girl, "Would... would you like to play dolls with me?" Memory looked away slightly, seemingly embarrassed to ask this question. Anne's eyes lit up with delight, "Gladly! Which dolls do you wanna play with? Who do you wanna be?" Memory seemed shocked for a second expecting rejection Annie presumes, her shocked face was soon replaced with a smile. "I wanna be.. this one!" Memory said as she grabbed one of the dolls. Annie giggled, "Great choice!" Those two played away the night and eventually memory became tired and yawned. "Tired sugar? Let's get you to bed." Memory leaned into Annes arms as the woman picked her up, soon placing her down on her bed and tucking memory in. Soon memory settled into the bed, shifting around a bit to get comfortable and was out like a light. Anne softly smiled and kissed Memory on the forehead before turning out the lights and exiting her room, murmuring, "Goodnight sunshine."