Romantic Ghost Manor Au Grace Headcanons

For base info on this au go here! (Link doesn't work on wattpad, please check the tumblr version for the link)

Warnings: Mentions of water, mentions of low body temperature and the cold

Story type: Fluff, Au

Pairings/Characters: Grace - "Naiad" x Gender neutral Reader

(Pretty fish lady that i love but suck at kiting against, possibly ooc and made during writers block)

Grace is very much like Melly as in she's a background ghost as well. However unlike the entomologist she usually seeks out to avoid others entirely, completely content being all by herself. She usually just hangs out near the small ponds and bodies of water near the outsides of the manor but never wanders too far from it. She'll usually lurk in the woods near the bodies of water and only return when needed or it becomes late in the day.

Grace has a natural distrustful nature towards any human with all she's been through, so don't be surprised if she's incredibly distant to you for the longest time. She's likely to have revealed herself to you very late in your time in the manor, probably only revealing herself due to the other hunters doing so.

Your bond with grace grows over a large span of time as she learns to trust you despite all the trauma she has gone through, and when i mean a large span of time i mean it was legit months until you could even consider yourself acquainted with her. It would take a even longer time before you could call her your friend, and eventually your lover.

Grace is very and i mean very touch adverse at first, if you even poke her once without consent it is over. Until you bond with her more she will absolutely hate any sort of physical affection. Once you do bond with her and gain her trust she becomes more touch neutral. Not minding and sometimes liking hugs or holding hands but not all the time. Once you get into a relationship she'll remain touch neutral but sometimes leans more towards liking PDA.

Once Grace realizes her feelings for you she'll probably start asking you to come with her to the ponds outside the manor. Watching the fish swim back and forth and touching the water makes her feel at home and happy and she wishes to share those feelings with you, even if you don't have as close of a connection the ocean and water as she does. Even with Grace's inability to talk she loves hearing you go on about anything, your voice just makes her happy.

Grace confesses to you on one of the times both of you are visiting the ponds by the manor again. You walk towards the ponds with Grace floating by your side, strangely today Grace felt like being extremely close to you and doing things such as holding your hand. When she asked by writing it down on a piece of paper while you walked you gladly took her hand, the extreme chill from her low body temperature spreading across your body by that one touch of hands. You shivered slightly but tried your best to brush off the feeling of the cold, glad to be holding Graces hand. Grace noticed and tried to pull her hand away, you didn't let her however, smiling at her and saying it was okay. Not matter her body temperature you'd be glad to hold her hand. Grace was slightly shocked at first but smiled at your words, gripping your hand slightly tighter as you walked side by side. You soon arrived to the pond with Grace and sat down next to it with Grace sitting by your side. After awhile of sitting in silence you felt a tap on your shoulder, you turned towards Grace and saw her holding a piece of paper. She handed you the paper and averted her eyes, covering the lower half of her face with the notebook she got the paper from. You grabbed the paper and started reading, your confused face soon turning to a flustered one at the contents on the paper. It was a simple confession on the paper mixed with compliments towards you, also asking you if you felt the same about her. You set the paper down and slowly moved your hand to go and cup her cheek, hesitating slightly on touching her just incase she would be uncomfortable. She leaned into your hand, the chill from her abnormal body temperature engulfing your senses once again. For awhile you just silently stared at one another, looking in one another's eyes until you finally got the confidence to voice out "may I?" Grace nodded and closed her eyes as you leaned in, your lips making contact with hers. It felt like you were brought into the ice age with how cold your body got, but you didn't care. This chill was heaven to you.

As your relationship continues Grace will actively try to hang out with the people you surround yourself with, feeling that maybe if you trust them it'll be okay. You'll have to hold her hand and guide her through everything at first but eventually she'll get the hang of hanging out with others other then you. You and Grace have a unique promise, once you told her about the existence of beaches she wished to posses a object you would carry with you there and to have the chance to swim around in the ocean once again, with her amazement you promised one day that would happen. A promise you would one day fulfil to her.