Romantic Ghost Manor Au Mary Headcanons

For base info on this au go here! (Link doesn't work on wattpad, please check the tumblr version for the link)

Warnings: None

Story type: Fluff, Au

Pairings/Characters: Mary - "Bloody Queen" x Gender neutral Reader, Joseph Desaulniers - "Photographer"

(Joseph plays the wingman pt.1, possible ooc cause i have no idea how to write mary-)

Mary straightforwardly avoids you at first and only interacts with you if needed

Mary straightforwardly avoids you at first and only interacts with you if needed. Her reasoning is that she's a queen and has no need to interact with a measly nobody who bought this horrid manor. Mary is pretty rude to you at first but never goes out of her way to sabotage you or make your day worse, the most you ever get out of her is a small scoff or rolling her eyes at anything you say. She relatively hates having to share this manor with you but overtime adjusts to your presence. It doesn't mean that immediately she'll start chatting and wanting to be friends with you, just less of her snarky attitude towards you.

Thanks to the help of Joseph you and Mary slowly but surely start getting closer. Joseph noticed the queens cold behavior towards you and your irritation at it at it, so the nobleman decided to take it into his own hands. You and Joseph were relatively close, friends, but nothing more. He was also friends with Mary so he took it into his responsibilities to start inviting both you and Mary too tea parties. Mary was incredibly displeased at this in the beginning but overtime realized how fun it was to just chat with you. Over teas, scones, baguettes, anything. You just became fun to be around and made a small smile sneak onto the queens face anytime you'd show up to the tea parties. She slowly started interacting with you outside the tea parties and started inserting herself into your daily life.

Mary takes extreme pride in dressing you up and doing your makeup. Male? Female? Nonbinary? She doesn't give a damn, let her dress you up. However she's willing to take into consideration the clothes you're more comfortable with and will always ask your opinion on certain clothes and would never force you into a dress if you're uncomfortable with it. But she'll find something that looks radiant and stunning on you either way. If she could she'd spend all day dolling you up with all the makeups and pre''tty clothing in the world, I'd imagine even though she's dead she still has a lot of her old clothes and makeups in her old room. She'll tell you to throw the makeups out due to how old they are and how they could hurt your skin but keep the clothes just in case they fit you.

She's pretty touch neutral at first but would prefer if you'd ask her before touching her. She didn't spend as long as she did on her appearance for you to randomly touch her face and slightly smudge her makeup. But she does really enjoy your touch and will sometimes pull a Joseph and ask for your hand, holding out hers with one arm behind her back.

When Mary realizes her feelings for you she's in denial for awhile. She's a queen from a era where you were put into a arranged marriage with someone you didn't love and couldn't marry anyone outside of your social status. She'll be especially more in denial if you don't identify as a man as same sex couples and different gender identities weren't accepted back then. However she'll eventually come around to accepting it but it'll take awhile due to how she was raised and the time period she came from. Once she accepts the fact she's In love with you she'll start inviting you to your own private tea parties with her and will start getting pretty touchy with you, asking for your hand, touching your face and cupping your cheeks with her hand, coming up behind you and hugging you with her arms around your waist, and more.

Mary confesses to you with the help of Joseph by basically transforming one of the spare rooms in the manor to a ballroom. One day after one of your tea parties with Mary, Joseph hands you a letter saying it was from Mary. You open the fancy sealed letter and read it's contents, Mary wants you to meet her in the large storage closet on the 2nd floor of the manor for some reason at around high noon. Though slightly suspicious and confused about this you decide to go anyway. You open the door to the storage closet and see it completely different from when you last checked it. The once completely run down storage closet looked good as new with a gramophone playing in the background and Mary standing in the middle of the room adjusting her dress. You call out to her and she turns around and flashes you a smile, thanking you for coming. Soon music starts playing from the gramophone as Mary steps toward you, the black heels she wears clicking against the wood floor as she extends a hand and asks, "May I have this dance?"

You twirled around to the music as Mary took the lead, carefully leading you in a waltz to the music. The whole time you could barely focus on anything but Mary, despite her eyes being pitch black you couldn't help but love those beautiful eyes. The way they seem to have emotions of their own as they shift whenever she smirks and smiles, anytime she's frustrated, anytime she's sad, it follows her emotions perfectly. As the song soon reached it's climax the bloody queen suddenly dipped you down with her lips coming close to yours. She patiently watched your face for any signs of discomfort and waited for a signal from you before she dared to kiss you. You smiled and leaned forward towards her putting your lips together. Mary smiled greatly into the kiss and held you as she deepend the kiss. Quietly saying "I love you." As soon as the kiss broke away.

As your relationship continues Mary will come up to you with questions about modern things. Honestly you two could spend the entirety of your tea parties with Mary asking questions and you answering them. She'll posses a object you have on you when you go out and be shocked at her surroundings and question what each thing is, her voice ringing around in your head as people looked at you weirdly for talking to nothing. You didn't mind though, it was funny when Mary got incredibly curious of things like this.