The Ghost in the garden (Emma woods x reader oneshot)

It's about time we gave insane gardener girl some love. Also ghost x human tropes are top tier.

Warnings: None

Story type: Fluff, future/modernish timeframe of the oletus manor

Pairings/Characters: Emma Woods (Ghost girl skin version) x Gender neutral Reader

(made while sleep deprived and at like 1 am, possible low quality. Also, I couldn't find a good photo of the ghost girl skin that was transparent so normal Emma banner.)

"Ooo, Ooo! Y/n! Welcome back to the garden!" You heard a familiar voice greet you

"Ooo, Ooo! Y/n! Welcome back to the garden!" You heard a familiar voice greet you. You turned the direction of the voice and saw a glowing figure quickly floating to your side. This was Emma, one of your only friends. Well, one of your only friends that was also a ghost. "Hello emma. Thanks for the greeting." You smiled as you continued walking through the garden. You had moved into this manor about 2 months back, you were struggling to get by and needed somewhere to stay and this was the cheapest place you could find. There were many rumors about the oletus manor spread around across the neighborhood. Some say the place use to hold the most cruelest death games and whoever lives there ends up dying a tragic death, others say no one ever died but everyone always moves out after at least a week there. Honestly, until recently you never understand why. But after finding about the truth of this manor you understood. Especially when there's a ghost of one of the players of the 'game' haunting this place. Emma was a very eccentric person even if death did take it toll on her. Hell in your first day here she was already trying to communicate with you. You could think back to it easily.

You were finished moving furniture and went to go check out the greenhouse. It was in surprisingly good shape. The place was decorated elegantly and plant life was somehow thriving. All the sudden one of the lamps on the greenhouses started flickering. You didn't think much of it and continued exploring but the flicking wouldn't stop, soon it turned from just the lamp to all the lights in the green house. Freaked out by this you went to go leave the room until you heard another voice speak, a unknown voice. "Hello! Welcome to the oletus manor human!" You quickly searched for the source of the voice and your eyes soon fell upon a.... glowing floating human-? No, there's no way that's a human. It was staring at you, just floating there and staring with a smile on it's face. You didn't know what was happen other then the fact you needed to leave, now. Now you understood why people feared this manor. You quickly ran out of the greenhouse, not looking back. You heard it's voice again, "Aww c'mon! This always happens!", before you ran into the manor and shut the door. You took a few breaths and attempted to calm yourself, trying to make sense of what just happened. You sighed and thought you may have been hallucinating and that you needed some rest. The next day you came back to the greenhouse, the everything the same as it was yesterday other then the absence of the flickering lights. Your relieved smile was quickly wiped off your face though as the lights started flickering again.. "You're back? You didn't leave! Oh that's amazing!" And once again you heard that voice.

You and Emma had gotten off on a really rough start, at first you were confused and scared of her while she was curious about you. She seemed to always stay in the garden, rarely leaving it to venture elsewhere in the house. However as you two bonded she became more active and ended up waiting in your bedroom for you to wake up, greeting you as soon as you slightly open your eyes. Your relationship was pretty weird at first, I mean you're actively talking to a ghost right now and interacting with it like it was a live person. It took a bit of time to get use too, but eventually you got use to it and weren't spooked out by Emma randomly floating above you trying to look at what you were doing at the moment or her randomly phasing through walls. It was also slightly spooky to find out she could switch from being incorporeal to corporeal in little less then 5 seconds. It helped a lot though with gardening and other things as Emma was always willing to lend a helping hand. Somehow across all those weeks you managed to become as close as two peas in a pod to her. Most often you'd just walk in the garden together pacing back and forth in it and taking care of the flowers together. She thinks she did a awesome job taking care of them but with your help the flora looks even more beautiful and prosperous and will also often have the urges to make you flower crowns with the flowers in the garden.

After you returned to the garden and Emma greeted you, you two sat in the garden, talking to each other and just taking care of the flowers. Emma happily floating or sitting by your side depending on if she wanted to sit or 'stand'. You had about two flower crowns on your head at the moment and it was only the start as Emma was already making more of them for you. However something seemed off today, she seemed more shy and less talkative. "Emma?" She hummed in response acknowledging your question, "Is there something wrong? You've been pretty quiet today." She suddenly stopped working on the flower crown and sighed. "Well... There's something I've been wishing to tell you! But I don't really know how to phrase it. I've even been practicing telling you.." She grumbled and pouted for a moment before a smile returned to her face, "I'll just tell you! It's better then just stressing over it. Ahem-" she cleared her throat. "Y/n, after awhile of knowing you I've realized something. You mean a lot more to me then I've been letting on. More then my flower crowns can express. To me, you're a angel, a beautiful being that deserves all the love in the world. I wish to give you that love. I love you and wanna know if.. you feel the same!" Her cheeks seemed to be glowing more then they were earlier, funny. You didn't know ghosts could blush like that. You took her hand and intertwined your fingers with hers, "Emma." You said, she stared at you with a expression you couldn't exactly make out the feelings behind. "I never once expected to meet you in this manor but... I'm glad I did, you mean a lot to me Emma. More then I can express in words, I can gladly say, I feel the exact same Emma." It took her a few seconds to process your words, but as soon as she did her face lit up. She quickly grabbed your face and her hands and kissed you. You kissed her back and wrapped your arms around her. She felt cold, but it didn't matter. You had her and she had you, no matter what and no matter how much time passes, you two will always have each other.