Warmth In The Cold

Big Brother Ithaqua brainrot? Big Brother Ithaqua brainrot. Also feeding my age regression but we don't talk about that-

Warnings: Mentions and descriptions of fire + blizzards, Mentions and descriptions of hypothermia, Reader almost fucking dies-

Story type: Angstish, Fluff

Pairings/Characters: Ithaqua - "Nightwatch" & YoungerSibling!Reader

(possible ooc due to the hunter not even being released in game yet, I got bored in the middle of writing this 😭)

Harsh winds blew through the Plateau of Lang, seemingly making a hissing noise as it cut through the sky with strong force

Harsh winds blew through the Plateau of Lang, seemingly making a hissing noise as it cut through the sky with strong force. Pure white snow that you once played in now became the burial place of many poor souls who didn't know how to travel the storms your family was all to common with. You shivered, small trembling hands clutching around a blanket. Your bedroom cloaked in darkness with the only light coming through the bottom of the door of your bedroom, with the candles in the lanterns lighting up the hallway outside slowly burning away. You could see your breath materialize into cold huffs of air Infront of you, you knew you were going to freeze, living here in the mountains this long along with the lessons from your mother and brother you knew, but there was nothing you could do. Your legs were to weak to stand up for long without collapsing on you, you knew how to light a fire and if you could would re-light the fireplace in your room but were to weak. All you could do was sit there and shiver and hope, hope that maybe you'd somehow survive, hope your mother and brother would get back from watching the night, hope everything could be okay. You didn't know what time it was and what time your mother and brother would get back from their nightwatch duties, the beautiful shinning moon giving slight light to your freezing bedroom. You stared at it mindlessly, your brain doing anything it could to distract you from the cold numbing pain it was experiencing. So mindless infact you didn't hear the sound of the door to the small quaint cabin you live in open and the sound of footsteps towards you bedroom door. The door slowly creaked open as a figure popped their head into the room, their eyes trying to make out things in the darkness. "You're still awake? Why are you up? You know mom will be upset that you aren't going to bed at your bedtime." A familiar voice said as the person approached you, holding a lantern as they took off their hood revealing their face too you. It was your brother, Ithaqua. As soon as he put his warm hand on your shoulder his eyes widened in panic as he realized you were freezing. "Oh shi-, stay here okay?!" Ithaqua quickly rushed out of the room to grab some extra firewood and grabbing matches to light up all the candles in your room. In what seemed like seconds your room was lit up in light once again and you had been picked up and moved closer to the fireplace by your older brother. You felt a heavy but warm and fluffy piece of cloth wrap around your shoulders and chest, Ithaqua prioritizing your safety took off his coat he'd usually nightwatch in these cold mountains in and wrapped it around you. Wiping off any snow that remained on the coat as he hugged you from behind. You took a deep breath as your body started feeling like normal again, your blood flow slowly starting to return to normal. "What happened Y/n? You're usually so careful when it comes to taking care of fires. Thank the gods I got here in time..." Ithaqua muttered his hands running through your hair, combing it in attempts of both calming himself and you down. "I-I don't know, I probably fell asleep in the middle of managing it.. I'm sorry." Ithaqua patted your head and made a shushing noise. "It's okay don't apologize, it's not your fault. Be more careful in the future okay? I don't know what me or mom would do if we lost you.." You nodded and leaned more into the taller man behind you mumbling a "okay" back to him. "Are you still cold? If you want I can make you some warm milk." You shook your head leaning into him more as he smiled. "Okay, don't worry. I'm not leaving you. Not until the ends of the earth."

The plateau of Lang is many poor souls resting places due to the cold and the blizzards, almost everyday it takes a life. That's why the nightwatch job your mother and brother do is so important, it's believed death is the will of the gods, and defying death could be defying the gods. But for tonight, another soul the gods tried to take was spared by the benevolence of the nightwatchers.