Calm Within The Storm

Warnings: Descriptions of rain and storms, Tiny slight references to death

Story type: Hurt/Comfort

Characters/Pairings: White Guard/Xie Bi'an x Black Guard/Fan Wujiu

(We're gonna ignore canon for this story fellas and just say they both can be out of the umbrella at the same time, also possible ooc warning cause like i have 0 idea how to write these two)

Thunder roared as rain pelted down outside the manor. The raindrops slowly sliding down the windows of the old desolate manor that little knew the existence of. Most people don't care for the rain or find it incredibly calming. However for two lovers it was a reminder of the day everything went astray, the day they were separated for years to come until they would reunite at the manor. They were traumatized by the events that transpired on that day and became terrified on the rain, worried the tragedy that happened would repeat again. In a decently sized bedroom decorated well the two lovers held eachother in bed. Their grips tight as metal on one another, however, neither were bothered by it. "Xie, you're shaking a lot. You know that?" Fan muttered as he held the other man in his arms. Xie let out a weak laugh, "not like you're doing any better dear.." Xie smiled at the man knowing they were both equally terrified. Fan rolled his eyes continuing to try and act like he wasn't as scared, fan was always like this. Attempting to be strong even at his moments of weakness. It's something Xie always admired but he always wanted to let his boyfriend know that showing weakness during times of stress and fear was alright. Xie sighed and sat up from his partners embrace, reaching for a book that sat upon the nightstand next to their bed. "Lay on me a bit will you?" Xie said as he straightened his back and relaxed against the headboard of the bed. "What are you gonna do? Read me to sleep or something? I'm not a kid." Fan scoffed as Xie giggled slightly. "We need something to distract us from this storm or else we'll never stop shaking. Now c'mon, lean into me." Though expressing hesitance and slight annoyance earlier Fan didn't waste any time leaning into his boyfriends embrace as Xie's slender fingers opened the cover of the book. Though it took a few hours the two lovers eventually ended up asleep, the beautiful crescent moon striking through the cracks in the blinds landing on the two men as they wandered off into the land of dreams.