A Waltz Between Witches (Demi Bourbon x reader oneshot)

Happy very very late halloween-

Warnings: None

Story type: Fluff

Pairings/Characters: Lady Eclectic (Halloween 2022 event/Last dance skin version of Demi Bourbon) x Gender neutral Reader, Quinlan (Halloween 2022 event/Teaparty skin version of Mike Morton)

The ballroom of the castle was full of chatter as the bell on the bell-tower rang for the 12th time. It was rumored that once the bell had rang 12 times, every living being within the castle would turn into inanimate objects to be used by the next group of people inside the castle. However, that never happened. As the counts royal physician you never believed it, though you hadn't been working under the count for awhile you knew all the rumors of his castle like the back of your hand. The rumors about the clock-tower, the rumors about the maze near the castle, all of the strange rumors of this place seemed to never be true and until you could see it for your own eyes you'd never believe it. Music started playing as people started moving to the dance floor, their hand being taken by their dance partner. A familiar form caught your eye, the form of Lady Eclectic, your master. You were her apprentice as she was a fully awakened witch and you had just recently awakened as one, the woman thankfully took you under her wing and was teaching you all about being a witch, including informing you about the immense powers witches use too have and how she plans to bring it back with the tome of Prophecies. Eclectic seemed to be standing all alone, ignoring all the people passing by her to make it too the dance floor. You stood next to her as you greeted her "Hello master- I mean Lady Eclectic." Andd great, you already almost messed up the conversation by calling her your master, the title you'd usually call her if you weren't in such a place right now. "Ah, hello my dear kin, have you been enjoying the ball?" You nodded, "The ball has been great, i'm mostly just wandering around now, i'm quite bored honestly. I'm also quite worried about how the count is doing, he has yet to show his face.." Lady Eclectic smirked, "Cease your worry my apprentice, the count is simply resting, just a tiny spell my dear. He'll awake soon." Her eyes soon travelled away from your form and too the guests around the ballroom. The next few minutes were just spent watching the dancers glide around the ballroom, it felt like such a long time before the end of the song but it soon ended and the guests that were once dancing returned to what they once were doing. You knew it wouldn't be even a few minutes longer until the next dance though, soon a idea came too mind. Too dispel the awkward mood of silently standing next too each other, you sighed and turned to Eclectic.

"Lady Eclectic," she turned her gaze too you now paying attention to what you were saying. "Though this is sudden, before the next dance starts, do you wish to dance with me?" Eclectic seemed shocked and unsure how to respond before a grin showed up on her face again "Oh my dear apprentice, dancing simply isn't this witches specialty, however since i'm quite bored i'll entertain your silly idea of dancing with me for now." You smiled, happy she accepted your invitation. The start of the next song started and you reached your hand out too her. "Shall we head towards the dance floor?" She rolled her eyes with a smirk on her face as she took your hand, "Yes we shall." Magical, simply magical was the words that you could use to describe the few minutes you danced with Eclectic. She said dancing wasn't her specialty but now you suddenly feel like that was a lie, each step felt like you were dancing on a cloud or in a magical realm. It all felt to beautiful, too surreal. And way too soon it ended, you were soon back where you started, standing to the side with everyone else in the ballroom as the song ended. Lady Eclectic chuckled and stared at you. "My my, you are quite the great dancer my apprentice. If it ends up being this fun, i might end up entertaining your silly ideas more often." Your cheeks flushed at her words, "You were quite a great dancer too my lady, maybe you should accept my invitations more often." She chuckled and seemed like she was about to say more before she was interrupted by another voice "Oh dear doctor~" Your attention was soon grabbed by that voice, it was another familiar figure. Quinlan, the editor of the Neuntoter Evening Paper and a well known figure by both witches and vampires alike, and a very old friend of yours. It seems he had also been invited to the ball by the count. "My apologies on interrupting this conversation, I'd just like to ask this lovely doctor here for their hand in the next dance." You smiled, Quinlan was always like this, always attempting to charm those around him. "Very well Quinlan, i'll be your partner for the next dance." You replied back. Lady Eclectic huffed slightly as she walked you walk away, holding Quinlans hand. Somehow she can't help but feel jealous, seeing you walk away to dance with someone else. She guesses that this waltz between two witches impacted her more then she thought it did.