The World In Bloom

Warnings: None

Story type: Fluff

Characters/Pairings: Andrew Kriess x Gender Neutral Reader

The sounds of birds chirping filled your ears as you took a breath, taking in the scenery around you

The sounds of birds chirping filled your ears as you took a breath, taking in the scenery around you. It wasn't often you got moments out of the manor these horrid murder games were hosted but every now and then the "baron" of the manor let the survivors out of a bit for a change of scenery. Anyone who tried to use this opportunity to escape never came back, so the most you could to was enjoy the small things you were given. After all, you willfully came into this game.

Walking around the area you soon came across a large open field of flowers, multiple beautiful colors of varying flowers making a beautiful display both from afar and up close. You smiled as you walked into the field sitting down in the middle of it examining some of the flowers closer until you saw a familiar figure dressed in black in the distance. The metal hook attaching the hourglass to his belt making noises as he shifted around examining each flowers, paying specific attention to the bed of irises growing. This man was Andrew Kriess, your close friend after awhile of being in this accursed manor. You stood up and walked towards him, saying hello from a distance as to not scare him. While he slightly flinched at the new presence as soon as he knew it was you he mostly calmed down. "Ah- Hello Y/n..." Andrew said as he slightly smiled about you before shifting his attention back to the flowers. "Whatcha doing?" You asked, sitting down next to him. "Just checking out the flower field, this place always calms me.. Whenever i have the chance i always go here. I like taking care of the flowers sometimes, especially the irises." Andrew said as he continued examining the flowers, making sure they had enough water and were thriving in the environment they were in. You chuckled slightly, "I understand, just being in environments like these are relaxing. Especially to be away from that manor and away from a ton of people." Andrew nodded in agreement and you two continued relaxing in the flower field as time passed. The gravekeeper making his rounds around the flower field to check on each flower bed, humming as he did so. Eventually he returned to where you were relaxing and just soaking in the scenery, slowly reaching his hand out to tap you on the shoulder, attempting to grab your attention. You turned your gaze over to him and your vision was soon filled with the view of purple irises. Andrew slightly looked away as he held the purple colored flower crown out to you, "I made this for you, the flowers reminded me of you so..." You couldn't help but smile at Andrews gesture of kindness and took the flower crown from his hand, it seemed slightly flimsy so you grabbed it with extra caution and slowly put it on your head. Andrew who was expecting you not to accept the flower crown seemed somewhat shocked seeing it on your head, causing you to giggle. "Thank you for the flower crown Andrew, it looks very pretty. When did you learn to make them." A small blush overcome the grave keepers face as he sat down next to you. "My mother taught me how to make them when i was young, it's been a long time since i've made them though.. so it's a bit flimsy because of that." You quickly responded to the man, "It's alright, i still love it. Perfectly put together or not." This caused Andrew to lightly smile at you as he took a deep breath. Though for a very long time he'd have to deal with the horrors of the manor maybe things weren't so bad with you by his side. He thought as more blush came to his face, until you two were called back to the manor you two stayed like that for hours. Soaking up the peaceful atmosphere at one anothers side.