Weekly Motivation boost (Emma Woods x Reader oneshot)

Warnings: None

Story type: Fluff

Pairings: Lady Truth (Emma Woods) x Gender neutral reader

(I absolutely love truth and inference and am really excited to see where the story goes next! Netease pls release another essence involving them, Art from official twitter)

Truth sighed as she put down the casefile and leaned back in her chair, this specific case had been tough. After about a week of investigation she hit a dead end and it turned out all the evidence she had discovered earlier had been fabricated. As her name implied, she always searched for the truth. To shine light on what really happened in cases. It's something she's always strived to do ever since she lost Anna, she doesn't like others losing people as close to them as Anna was to her. But it always slightly burned her out when she wasn't able to solve cases quickly and efficiently. Not being able to find the truth fast was.. frustrating. She was brought out of her thoughts as she felt a warm hand on her shoulder. "Truth, you okay dear?" She turned her head and saw you standing there with a cup of tea in your hand. She smiled and grabbed it from your hands, "I'm okay, don't worry y/n. Thank you for the tea." She stood up and pecked your cheek, her smile growing wider. Seeing you always brightened her day and made bad days not as bad. "Truth, you need to go to bed. It's almost 11. You can continue working on the case tomorrow." You said as she yawned and took a sip of the tea. She paused as he lips touched the warm liquid, "decaffeinated?" You let out a small hum to approve of her suspicions. "I didn't want you getting more energy when you need rest." You tidied up her desk and put all her casefiles away into a safe location as she finished drinking the tea. Putting the porcelain cup on her desk and standing up to grab your hand. "C'mon y/n let's sleep.. I'm tired." You giggled as the woman leaned into you as you both walked to your shared bedroom. Truth quicky flopped onto the bed snuggling into the warm and welcoming covers as her consciousness fleeted. "Goodnight Emma, sweet dreams." She heard you say as you wrapped your arms around her. A massive smile overtook Emma's face at the call of her real name, she wishes you'd call her that more often as she drifted off into the realm of dreams.