Prologue: Repeated Life

And we're finally here! The final story in the TBatG trilogy!

The Gods have betrayed Yin and Vao again, plunging them into an entirely new world called Twist.

There will be one big change; no longer is Y/N named Y/N. Instead, he has an actual name this time; Yin.

I hope you all enjoy this final chapter in the TBatG trilogy!

Because this is the prologue, this chapter won't be as long as I plan for the others to be.

...

Her turquoise eyes flickered open. At first, she didn't recognize the ceiling she was staring at. She didn't recognize the fluffy bed she was lying on, her blonde hair pooled around her head.

And then the memories came flooding back. Her eyes shot open wide, her lips parting into a terrified wail as she sat up, clutching her blonde hair.

It was happening again. It was all starting over. Horror filled her heart as she leapt from her bed, her legs giving out underneath her. And finally she screamed. In an instant the door burst open, the armored men barging in. "Princess!? What's wrong!?"

The princess didn't answer. She flung herself at the mirror, staring at her own reflection. No longer was her skin a deathly white. No longer did she suffer from the eldritch influence. Her long blonde hair was a ruffled mess if bed head, her turquoise eyes staring back at her. Which could only mean one thing.

The nightmare was far from over. She whipped her head around and ran up to the men, pushing them out of the way as she bolted down the halls.

She didn't recognize anything. She had never seen these corridors in her life, nor any of the servants who bowed at her presence. Not that any of it mattered to her. She burst through the door and onto the balcony, staring over the unfamiliar kingdom in terror.

"Princess, princess!" The guards called after her. She turned her head, her lip quivering.

"W... Where..." She bit her lip, her eyes growing wet. "Where am I...?"

The guards paused, the two of them sharing a worried look. "Er... You're in the castle," the taller one answered. The princess seized his shoulders, giving him a harsh shake.

"W-where on Remnant am I!?"

She needed to know. She needed to find those two as soon as possible, before their lives were plunged into misery. The shorter guard had a calmer approach.

"Princess, pardon my insolence, but what is a Remnant?"

"Th... The... World...?"

The guards shared another worried look before the taller one responded. "Princess, did you have a nightmare? This world is called Twist..."

Twist? That would mean the Gods had kept their word. The princess let go of her hold on the man, stumbling back and bumping into the railing. Her hand moved over her mouth, a sick feeling welling up in her stomach. She looked back up at the men, swallowing the vomit that nearly spewed from her lips.

"P-princess, are you alright? You look sick!" The guard cried worriedly. The princess just stared at him, unable to speak for a moment.

"W... Where are... Where are Yin and Vao...?"

The guards shared another look before the levelheaded short one answered.

"Er... Who is Yin and Vao?"

The princess just stared. She didn't want to believe it. But she knew better than to believe the Gods were merciful. She looked back at them, her eyes beginning to water again. Her knees trembled and knocked together under her pyjamas, threatening to give out underneath her weight.