Chapter 37: Real Monsters, Part Two

The fairies lunged forward, giggling ecstatically. Sapphire yanked on her beloved weapon's pull-chain, the chainsaw roaring to life. Flame burst from the blade, Sasha jumping in front of Yin. But to her shock and those around her, Sapphire hardly budged when their weapons collided. The fairy even began to push Sasha back. The tomboy's eyes went wide with panic. She couldn't wrap her head around someone who was only four inches tall overpowering her. Sapphire's eyes lit with delight, a shrill laugh escaping her lips.

"Kyahaha! I'm the strongest fairy! Strong means I'm smart!"

She lifted the chainsaw to swing down, a foul stench washing over Sasha's nose. The giant flinched, a sick feeling rippling through her stomach. Sapphire smelled awful. "Th-the hell... Is that STENCH!?"

"I HATE BATHS! I HATE EM! NO SHOWER FOR TWENTY-TWO YEARS!"

That is very disgusting. Ozpin rushed for Sasha's side to help her, a tiny head of blonde hair flying past him. The one-armed knight flinched back, a sudden sharp sting piercing his shoulder. And in an instant, the electric current coursed through his body. Tourmaline chuckled, tearing the spear from the knight and blocking Salem's rapier, dodging effortlessly out of the way of Chuck's halberd. Pyrrha stepped out of the way just as the blade slammed into the ground, looking up angrily. "Watch what you're doing!"

"S-sorry!"

Yin and Vao were struggling against Jasper, the ginger laughing and mocking them. Hitting tiny targets was harder than they thought. "Some Hero of Light you turned out to be! Can't even land a hit!" She snickered. "Even Raven put up a better fight than this!"

Yin and Vao stopped, their hearts sinking. Jasper's smirk widened.

"Aww... Did I stwike a wittle nerve?"

"Wot the hell did you do?" Vao hissed. The Primary Sisters laughed, Sapphire looking up from her fight with Sasha.

"We played together!"

Tourmaline beamed, jabbing her tiny finger into Salem's eye. The princess yelped in pain, reeling back. "We gave her the Blessing!"

The adventurers stepped back. What happened to Raven... It was them. Yin looked at Vao, shaking his head quickly. "Calm dow-"

"You little piss ant!"

His daggers missed Sapphire by a mile, a tiny hand grabbing the back of his collar. And to their horror, she threw him down the street. Sapphire had lifted a grown man and threw him. Jasper flipped her daggers in her hands, laughing loudly.

"Y'see, Lord Vao trusts us a whole lot! There were things he did to Raven, but her transformation was left to us!" She admitted without a trace of guilt. "Pulled her fingernails off, rubbed salt into the nail bed! We even fed her!"

Fed. They didn't like the way she said that. Salem had one eye closed, looking up at the ginger. "Y... You fed her...?"

Tourmaline and Jasper burst into laughter, the ginger locking her sister in a headlock. "Don't tell me you never noticed?" The blonde giggled. "What did you think the food here was made of?"

Pyrrha blinked, her face beginning to fall. Realization was dawning again in them. The meat they couldn't agree on. It wasn't chicken, it wasn't pork or veal. Yin's stomach turned, vomit beginning to build up.

They had unknowingly eaten people. Down the street, Vao was hunched over in an alley, ridding himself of his stomach's contents. They were only laughed at for their reactions, Sapphire hugging herself tightly. "It's not that bad! Didn't it taste really good?"