Chapter 4: Goblin City

The goblin soldiers led them through the tunnels, their iron boots echoing on the floor. Pyrrha, as she called herself, was telling them about their city. Her human speech was surprisingly good for a goblin.

"You will like it," she said cheerily. "There is a lot of drinks, and even more food! The party doesn't end!"

"Now you're speaking my language, mate. Parties are kinda our thing, right mum?" Vao snickered. Raven held out her open palm, the femboy slapping it with his hand.

Salem turned her attention away from the poor role model and her attention-starved kid, glancing at Yin. The cleric didn't seem happy. He had been brooding the entire way. His brows were furrowed in anger, staring at the ground as he muttered a prayer under his breath. She nudged his arm. "Come now, Yin. I'm sure we'll have a great time," she said calmly.

"With these freaks of nature?" Yin snarled. "We shouldn't be here. These pests need to be put down."

"Well, fuck you too," Mercury growled. He was perched on Sasha's shoulders, enjoying the feeling of being tall for once. Tyrian was still questioning Vao.

"Why you look like girl?"

"I dunno, genetics?"

Tyrian furrowed his brow, still trying to figure it out. "You have small hands, small shoulders, you're skinny, and you don't even have an Adam's apple or prominent brows. You have no manly features."

Vao rolled his eyes. "Oh, fine. Want me to take my pants off?"

Behind Sasha, Verde choked on air. The witch whipped around, her hat nearly flying from the top of her head. Vao had already started working on his belt before Ruby shrieked. "Ew! Vao, keep your clothes on!"

"Huh? But-"

"Clothes! Stay! On!"

Vao pouted, pulling his hands away from his waist. Verde slowly turned back around, her head hung low. Pock strode up to Yin, tugging on his sleeve. The cleric shot her a glare.

"Just relax," she said confidently. "We are peaceful. You will have good time."

"I'd be having a better time grinding your face into the dirt, greenie."

The guards shot Yin a dirty look, their hands resting on their weapons. Yin was beginning to try their patience, Salem realized. She needed to ease the tension.

However, she didn't need to say anything. As they rounded a corner, the tunnel opened up into a huge cavern. Stairs carved into the stone led to the bottom, where buildings made of rock and wood stood tall and proud, lanterns lighting up the city. Music was playing, goblins were drinking in the streets. As the party descended, the city erupted in cheer.

"... Guess we were expected," Salem muttered. Pyrrha nodded.

"Our scouts saw you approaching the cave. The city was informed, and we have prepared a party to celebrate the return of Princess Pock and the heroes who saved her," she explained. Pock nodded.

"Yes. Now, let us celebrate, yeah?"

In an instant Raven and Vao bolted off, drinks already in hand. Salem watched as the goblins welcomed Sasha easily, pointing at her ears. The giant grinned, dropping Mercury to the floor and joining them. Yin was gritting his teeth together, clearly unhappy to be anywhere near this place. Salem sighed, cracking a small smile. She nudged his shoulder, giving him a soft squeeze. "Come. Let's relax for a bit," she cooed.

"F-filth," Yin growled. Salem ignored his comment, dragging him deeper into the city.

Goblins cheered as they passed, dancing in the streets with food and drink in hand. From the labels on the bottles, they were drinking vodka. Salem pulled Yin towards a food stall, sitting down in one of the stools and patting the one next to her. "Come on, sit!"