Chapter 84: The Face of True Evil, Part Two

"Kept you waitin', huh?"

The God of Light had fallen silent, his eyes wide in surprise as the dagger was twisted deeper into his back, the black Blood dripping down his body. Salem trembled, her mouth opening into a cry of shock.

"Y-you!?"

The First Vao's grin widened as he tore the dagger from the God of Light, reeling his fist back. "This one's for the Celestials and everyone else."

THWACK!

The God of Light's head snapped to the side when the First Vao punched him straight in the jaw, the Lord of Grimmore vaulting off his back in a flip, Grimm Demise unfolding into a rocket launcher, aimed straight for his front.

"And this one is from me, and my Cult."

BOOM!

The intense recoil sent the First Vao crashing into Salem, the Celestial catching him in her arms as the God of Light's upper body was blown to pieces as the rocket detonated, unleashing a terrifying mix of Light and Darkness. Almost instantly he was beginning to reform, still taken aback by the surprise attack. Salem squeezed the First Vao, glaring down at him. "What are you doing here!? It's dangerous!"

"I'm your weapon," the First Vao rasped. "Use me as you see fit, Salem. I'll fight by your side, until this piece of shit doesn't get back up."

He wouldn't change his mind. Salem knew that. But she didn't want to change his mind, either. She needed all the help she could get. She let him crawl to her back and wrap his legs around her, the First Vao taking aim with Grimm Demise.

"Alright... Still not friends, I suppose. Just allies?"

"Yep... That's for true."

The God of Light stared at them, his lips curling into a small grin as he clapped his hands gently.

("Now this... This is more interesting. My shield is broken, and I am at risk... Keep it up. Stave away my plague called eternal boredom.")

"We can do that," Salem growled. "Can't we, partner?"

"Nyehahaha... Couldn't 'ave said it better myself, Mistress."

Salem's wings beat through the air, each blast from the First Vao's rocket making her ears ring. Nothing her magic wouldn't fix. The God of Light, now unable to erect his shield, parried and deflected the First Vao's magic with his scythe, casting out his own deadly barrage. Salem weaved in and out of the magic, her sword shining at her side, the First Vao transforming his weapon into an axe and getting ready. They swung together, the air crackling as Light, Dark, and Celestial power worked in tandem, the God of Light speeding out of the way with his impossible quickness. He held out the scythe, the weapon glowing as it began to stretch and bend.

An invisible string tied the weapon's ends together, the God of Light aiming the magnificent bow into the sky, drawing back the string. The air began to ripple, throwing Salem off balance, the First Vao grabbing at her shoulder to stop himself from falling the long way down. The world shook and thundered as lightning crackled through the sky under the God of Light's awesome power, the armies that fought below losing their balance and collapsing. Not even the abominations were able to stand and fight, crippled under their evil master's unrivaled strength.

And as the God of Light released the string, Light flooded the world like the sun itself.

Bolts of Light tore their way for Salem and the First Vao, the Lord of Grimmore blacking out their immediate surroundings in Darkness. With it, Salem could see the bolts, the Celestial dodging to the sides as she approached the God of Light, her hair blown back by the breeze.