Chapter 16: The Fall of Team FRSB

Verde trembled in Yin's hands, her eyes growing wet. "W-w... Wha...?"

Veins jutted from his forehead. Everyone was staring at him in a mixture of horror and disgust. "You should be grateful!" He repeated. "Instead, you dare insult the Cardinal!? You should be grateful he ever thought of touching you, you miserable excuse of a daughter!"

Salem had her hands over her mouth. Yin's words made her sick to the pit of her stomach. She could hear a door slamming open behind her, followed by the sound of rapid footsteps. It was as if it were in slow motion. She saw Vao fly past her, jumping into the air. He was beelining straight for his brother.

Yin could feel the hostile presence, turning his head.

C-C-CRAAAACK!

Knuckles buried deep into his mouth, smashing his teeth over his tongue. He was knocked away from the witch, staring into the scarlet eyes of his brother. Vao was shaking, his face red enough to match Yin's own.

"Y-you... You disgusting cunt," Vao stammered through his anger. "Oh, damn it all. I don't want just a piece of you anymore. I'm taking the whole bloody thing! Let's get this party started!"

Yin felt himself soaring through the air when Vao grabbed his ankle, slamming him back into the floor with enough force to crack the wood and bounced him across the guild, the blonde shakily trying to stand back up. The Blood began to pulse through his body, negating the pain. Cardin was shouting from the side.

"Yin! Stay down! Stay DOWN!"

The moment Yin was on his feet he was spun around, his head flying back when Vao punched him square in the nose. With Vao's brute strength, Yin didn't stand a chance in a fair fight. He felt his back bump against the table, Vao taking advantage. Snatching a bottle from the floor, he swung it with everything he had.

SMASH!

Alcohol drenched the cleric as the glass pressed into his skull, blood obscuring his left eye. Vao tossed the broken bottle aside, resorting to beating the living hell out of him. Yin's hand scrambled across the table, finally resting on what he wanted. Swinging the knife for Vao's neck, the thief gasped and ducked out of the way, the cleric swinging wildly.

"Sinner! Sinner!" He blasted. "I'll kill you! I'll kill you, and have that witch sent back to her father!"

Vao ducked and weaved, rolling over a table and grabbing the edge. "Playing with weapons, then? Fine by me!"

The adventurers hurried to grab their things and get away from the table, Yin charging at Vao. The thief's signature grin grew, his eyes flaring with the thrill of a fight. "That's right, Yin! Come and get me!"

He lifted the long table off the ground, swinging it with every ounce of his entire body. The wood exploded into shrapnel when Yin was batted away, smashing through the bar and into the shelves behind. Bottles rained down on top of him, hiding Vao's boot when it came crashing down into his chest.

THUD! THUD! THUD!

His ribs began to crack under Vao's strength, his hair pulled when his older brother began to drag him back into the room of adventurers. Their party was screaming in horror, but Russell and a few of Vao's friends were cheering him on. To many of the thieves and elves in Faralda, Yin had it coming for years. To finally see him play stupid games and win a stupid prize was exhilarating. Salem ran forward, trying to stop Vao.

"No! He can't control himself! Something's wro-!?

Her breath caught in her throat when Blake and the other elves pushed her away, stopping her from interrupting the fight. In fact, it wasn't even a fight anymore. It was a beating. Yin's hair was soaked scarlet, his head flinging to the sides as Vao sat on his chest and pummelled his face in, laughing loudly.