Happy Ending (Good Ending's Epilogue)

Important.

This is not quite the end just yet. There are other endings to explore, as well as two planned spin-offs - possibly more.

There is more explaining at the end of this epilogue.

With that said... We've finally reached it. A happy ending.

Enjoy.

...

Sunlight spilled through the curtains as the blankets on the bed moved, a young boy sitting up and rubbing his eyes with a quiet yawn.

Quietly he slipped out from underneath the covers, stretching out his arms with a soft, yet satisfying pop. The smell of eggs and bacon wafted through the cracks of his bedroom door, his eyes resting on his clean clothes set on his dresser.

The boy slipped into his healer robes and grabbed his staff and katana from where they leaned near the door, the last bits of sleep finally fading as his hand sifted through his blonde hair, untangling the messy strands. Flattening the bed head with some water, he made his way through the hall and down the stairs, into the kitchen where breakfast waited.

His mother looked up from the stove, the eggs sizzling on the pan as she smiled warmly at him.

"Good morning, Rosebud. Sleep well?"

His sister snorted at the table. "Rosebud..."

"Shut up, Ruby," the boy growled. Ruby stuck her tongue out at him.

"You first, butt-face."

The blonde boy gave her hair a tug as he passed by her, Ruby letting out a shrill yelp.

"Ow, Yin!"

"Sorry. My hand slipped," Yin snickered. He sat down in front of his plate, picking up his fork. But before his egg could reach his mouth, he paused, lowering his food. "... Why are you in the corner, dad?"

His father was facing the wall with his hands folded behind his back. His mother turned to him, her smile innocent. "Oh, go ahead Tai. Tell him what you did."

Tai let out a sob. "I drank the milk from the carton, so you hit me with the wooden spoon and made me face the wall for thirty minutes..."

"That's right. You talked by the way, so the time starts over."

"But you told me to speak, Summer!"

"Want to stand there for forty-five minutes?"

Tai didn't respond, choosing to just keep his mouth shut. Yin and Ruby finished eating before sliding their plates into the sink, making their way for the door.

"Bye, mom!" Ruby shouted.

"Be safe!" Summer shouted after them "Yin, protect your sister!"

They stepped into the busy streets, the market bustling as usual. The town of Faralda was always busy even this early. Shoppers were everywhere in this market town. Ruby stretched her arms with a slight groan, adjusting her skirt. "I don't need protecting, Yin. I'm a big girl."

"You cried last week because a spider was in your room."

"Shut up, no I didn't."

They argued as they walked to their next door neighbor's house, where a girl was chatting with... A cat? There was another girl next to her, a monoeye.

"George, I'm tellin' ya mate, she isn't worth piss."

The cat meowed sadly, hanging his head. The girl scoffed, scratching him behind the ears.