Dark Rebirth (Neutral Ending Two Epilogue)

NOTE!

This is it. The final ending to the trilogy. This epilogue doesn't function like 'A New Day', which was a hint to the Sapphire Spin-off.

Instead, this Ending is more of an inaccurate sneak peak, basically a hint of what's to come in the Violet and Midori Spin-off.

More about the spin-offs will be explained in the very last chapter of this story, which will also be the Scrapped Ideas chapter I have done for every story thus far. Please make sure you read that.

With all this said, please enjoy.

...

The two girls shivered behind the closet door as the sound of their mother's magic ceased, leaving them in silence. It was so quiet they could hear each other's hearts pounding in their chests.

"M... Mum went to f-fight," the one with long black hair whimpered. "M-Midori... Th-that me... Means d-dad is... A-and m-mum might be-"

"Q... Quiet," her sister, Midori, whispered back. The little witch with shorter hair than her sister trembled as she shuffled closer to the tomboy. "M-Mother... W-wouldnt... F-Father w-wouldnt..."

Violet rarely saw Midori so close to breaking down. She was rarely expressive. But the moment their father, Vao, had come sprinting into the castle with terror in his eyes, they knew something had gone wrong. And then he had screamed for Verde, their mother, to hide them. They remembered his words as if he were saying them at that very moment.

'Yin! Yin's back!'

Yin Rose. From what they knew, Yin was their uncle. The cause for their exile, their family living alone and unknown to the world. And just as Vao had always been so paranoid about, staying awake for days on end and spending nearly all of his time patrolling the Fae Wilds and setting traps, Yin had come back for blood.

SMASH!

They covered each other's mouths to stop a single sound from escaping their terrified lips as the bedroom door outside the closet was smashed open, a pair of boots stepping inside.

Thud... Thud... Thud... Thud...

They could hear furniture being turned over and pushed. Yin was looking for them. They didn't dare move. They were never so terrified before.

If Yin had made it here, then everyone was... Their uncles Tim and Chuck, their cousin Alice, Vao and Verde were...

Dead.

Tears trickled down their cheeks when they heard the closet door open, Yin rummaging through the clothes. Thanks to their father's secret door that hid them inside the secret laboratory where he turned himself into a dullahan, he couldn't see them. They heard his boots stop, his hands freezing in place. It struck fear into their hearts. Did he notice the tiny lock in the very upper corner? Did he realize the back panel of the closet was a door?

Thud... Thud... Thud... Thud...

They didn't breathe a sigh of relief as he walked away. They were worried that if they breathed too loud, he'd hear them.

"... That window..."

That voice. It burned into their memory. Yin's voice, mired with hatred for them, was a growl.

"... Did they jump from this high? Maybe climbed down."

Thud... Thud, thud, thud, thud.

The sound of his boots faded down the halls, the girls finally letting out the breath they were holding. Yin was going to search outside for them. As long as he was here, they didn't dare leave the laboratory.