Chapter 79: The God of Darkness

{"SALEM!}"

The Heroes stared up at the God as he skyrocketed towards them, Darkness crackling through the air. Salem quickly threw her hands up and cast a barrier around them, bracing for impact.

Reality itself shook as the God of Darkness smashed into Salem's barrier, the Celestial magic threatening to shatter underneath his power. It cracked like glass, but Salem managed to hold it, blasting the energy out and grounding the pissed off God.

He landed on his feet, his fists balled up, his body tense. Salem couldn't remember a time when he was this angry.

{"I've HAD IT! I'm done with these games!"} He screamed. {"To hell with the Timelines! To hell with my brother's games! I want you dead! Dead! Fucking DEAD!"}

Salem drew her sword, her friends leaping to her side as the God of Darkness charged, slamming against them with his magic. With the force of an erupting volcano, they were sent flying off their feet, the God homing in on Salem with a sword of pure Darkness, as black as the void itself.

Celestial magic met with the Darkness of a God, beating against each other in a heated battle for control. The Celestial gritted her teeth, the force making her nose flow with scarlet.

"So you've finally came out of hiding!?" She hissed.

{"Fuck you! You should have been eaten already!"} He snapped. {"That idiot, he bought you time! And after I destroy your Soul, he'll be your replacement! You'll pay! You'll pay for insulting a FUCKING GOD!"}

His magic expanded, throwing Salem into the side of the castle and leaving a crater. She held her sword in front of her as he chased after her in a murderous frenzy, nearly driving her through the wall.

Verde raced past, balancing on her staff with Midori, the witches casting their magic at him. The God of Darkness caught the beams in his hands and threw them back, the pair dropping lower for safety. Down below Mono and Sasha threw Yin and Vao to Salem's aid before digging their toes into the cement brick and charging up the wall, Jasper flying with them with Sapphire in her tiny arms.

Her friends were intent on having her back, even if it meant fighting a God. That motivated Salem, the Celestial taking advantage of the distraction and pushing her enemy away, sending him back to the ground. She leapt after him, her sword glowing like a supernova before she smashed down into his, the blade caught between the God's hands. She found herself in another battle against True Darkness, her magic struggling to overpower it.

"Vao! NOW!"

"Right-o!"

Yin and Vao dove in for a pincer attack, the God of Darkness sending a barrage of tentacles their way that was quickly blown away by Verde and Midori's magic, Light and Dark surrounding their weapons, and digging into the God's sides. But instead of only distracting him, they were met with a welcome surprise. The God of Darkness flinched. He even recoiled away.

{"Ow!?"}

Yin and Vao looked shocked. "Wait, he felt that!?" The healer cried out. "But Shub-Niggurath wasn't affected!"

Salem backed away, Mono and Sasha charging past her to hold back the God, her mind spinning.

The God of Darkness shouldn't have been affected by Light and Darkness. He shouldn't have even felt a thing. Salem recalled Shub-Niggurath's words, that she could kill the Gods of Light and Darkness. She had talked about them as if they were less than her. But if Yin and Vao were able to hurt one of them, then that pointed to...