introduction

Introduction

I clearly remember the day he crossed all the limits. The day my dreams were shattered and the day I was expelled from college.

I remember the look on Tyler Lawson's face when we were told about a drug inspection taking place, a look I was completely confused by. I imagined him to be worried but no, he seemed absolutely calm.

I remember the inspectors going through each and every locker, each and every bag. I remember the fear and confusion that paralysed my body when bags of marijuana were taken out of my locker. Me. The "goody two-shoes" who didn't have the first idea about drugs. The crowd of students had shock written all over their faces, matching mine. I didn't understand anything until I looked over at Tyler Lawson and his gang of equally annoying friends, amusement and relief radiating from them, as if they were about to burst out laughing.

I remember going to the head teacher's office and being given a long lecture that I definitely did not deserve. I remember him shouting at me, I remember me trying to explain how it wasn't my fault and how I was framed by some jerks. I remember not being listened to and being told that I had to leave. And not return.

It meant nothing to him.

But it meant everything to me.