twenty nine

This chapter is dedicated to booknerd_84

Chapter 29

Arissa's POV

I walked across the stone tile patio, running my fingers over one of the two wooden benches surrounding the unlit fire, whilst trying to overcome my shock.

Tyler walked ahead of me as I admired the scenery once more; he slid the golden key through the hole and gently grasped the handle, pushing open the door and moving aside to let me in first. I began to peer from outside and he gave me a little shove, encouraging me to enter, which I happily did.

He started to give me a tour of the wonderful cabin, the inside even more beautiful than the outside. The walls had a simple cream finish, not at all a distraction from the rest of the furniture. A TV hung from the wall in the main room, directly above the fireplace I could imagine Tyler sat by as a child. Two ivory coloured sofas were placed opposite each other, resting on the hard wooden floor, and at the centre was a light brown rug which was almost concealed by the coffee table standing on it.

"Where's the kitchen?" I casually asked when he was ready to move onto the next floor. He had shown me multiple rooms downstairs, including a bathroom, but no kitchen.

"Trust the woman to ask about that," he winked. "I guess you should get used to it though. After all, most of your time will be spent there," he remarked in a sexist manner, leading me towards the room.

I stopped him in his tracks. "Oh, I don't think so. I wear the pants in this relationship and I have decided that you," I prodded his chest, "will be carrying out the role of chef."

The amused look on his face told me that he thought otherwise. "So you think you wear the pants?" He questioned, running his hands down my arms but not moving his intimidating gaze from my eyes.

"M-hm," I nodded confidently. "I dominate," I added on purposely, hoping to get a reaction out of him.

He grinned. "The thing is, baby girl, I might just like that depending on where we are," he whispered to me, making the butterflies in my stomach jitter uncontrollably. My mind failed to muster up a smart reply so I just smiled. He took my hand and we entered the kitchen.

Unsurprisingly, it was amazing. The oak cabinets and drawers vastly stood out against the light colour of the walls and wooden floor, the shiny marble countertops had not a single speck of dust on them— it seemed like someone had been cleaning up around here. Modern technology dotted the place and three high chairs were neatly arranged beside the centre island. "Should we move on?" He asked rather impatiently and I nodded.

-

"And the best 'til last," he said, flinging open the door to the master bedroom. Twenty minutes later and he had shown me everything except this one room. Despite the old-fashioned feel of most of the house, this room was completely modern and contemporary.

Just then Tyler's phone began to ring and he exited the room, leaving me to freely explore it.

The theme of the room was brown and white— the bed was at the centre of it, leaning against the wall at the back. The bedframe was dark brown, matching the bedside tables, drawers and wardrobes and an assortment of brown and white fluffy pillows rested on one side whilst there was a furry blanket on the other. Long, silky white drapes curtained the balcony doors and the windows were open, allowing a small draft in. Rugs in different shades of brown decorated the floor and a cream leather stool sat opposite the bed, a dark chandelier almost directly above it.

I was sat on the comfy bed when he returned and the happy look on his face had somewhat faded. I chose to dismiss it.

"So you're taking the room next door, right?" I teased him, leaning further back and slowly brushing my palms across duvet.