sixteen

Hello! How are you all?

This chapter is dedicated to Magicalcupcake

Enjoy!

Chapter 16

Tyler's POV

I squinted as the rays of light from outside filtered through the window, creating a pattern on the wooden floor. I gently rubbed my eyes before opening them completely and rose from my position until I was sat upright. I turned to find Arissa uncomfortably slouched beside me and memories of last night immediately flooded back. I remembered the things I said to her, she probably thought I was so pathetic and whiny.

'I fail at everything. I'm not a good son, brother, friend, student or.. whatever I am to you'.

Why the hell did I have to say shit like that? Now whenever we spoke it would be awkward for me, fucking great. Maybe I should just avoid her for a while. No... that would make things worse. I'd just be normal, at least try to.

It was so fucking cold, then again it was October. I stood up and glanced at Arissa again before noticing that her bathrobe had rode up her legs, threatening to expose more. I leaned forward and pulled the robe down in an attempt to cover as much skin as I could. She must be freezing, I thought, sweeping her up into my arms and stalking over to the bed. She wriggled slightly but settled down when I gently placed her on the mattress before covering her small body with the duvet.

She always looked beautiful, no matter where or when. Heck, she'd be more attractive than any other girl even if she hadn't slept in a week, had no make-up on, was dressed like a tramp and had bad breath. Her hair had dried and was in waves, adorning her perfectly round face. Her pink lips were slightly parted and she had one hand placed on her stomach whilst the other was by her side. I could watch her like this for hours but decided against it. That was slightly creepy.

I checked my phone and saw that it was 10am. I had only slept for five hours or so but wasn't feeling fatigued at all.

I began walking towards the bathroom door when a pile of clothes caught my eye, they were Arissa's. I then realised we would both have nothing to wear, we didn't exactly know we'd end up staying behind.

I used the bathroom but delayed my shower since I'd have no clothes to wear. I crept out of the room as quietly as possible, not wanting to awaken her, and turned around, running into Sam before I even had a chance to close the door. Of course that would happen, now she would ask one hundred questions.

"Tyler! Have you spoken to Arissa? Where is she?" she asked nosily, tip-toeing so she could peer past me and into the room. I cleared my throat over-dramatically and shut the door behind me, walking away and hauling her along.

"She's asleep," I answered only one of her questions, resulting in a frown from her. When she didn't reply I decided to change to topic since I had the opportunity. "I need some clothes, is there anywhere nearby?"

"There's a Mall half an hour way," she said. I guess I could take Arissa once she was awake. "I can lend Arissa something but I don't know if my clothes will fit you," she added on with a wink.

She would need something when she woke up...

I agreed and she headed to her room with me following closely behind. From what I saw, she kept her closet very tidy, just like I suspected Arissa would. After rummaging through and making a small mess, she handed me a pair of blue jeans and a white crop top.

"Thanks," I mumbled and headed for the door.

"Wait here a minute!" she hastily spoke and rushed out of the room, returning a couple of minutes later with a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt in her hands. "These should do," she said, tossing them at me. I raised my eyebrow at her, questioning where she got them from. "They were my Dad's, I knew my Mum would have kept them," she smiled sadly. Sam told me that she lost her father 2 years ago, he had a heart attack but it came as such a surprise to them because there had been no indication of such a thing occurring. He was a healthy man from what I was told.