seventeen

Hi! Hope you're all good :)

This chapter is dedicated to OutcastCarCrash

Enjoy!

Chapter 17

I ran through the crowd of people as fast as my legs could carry me, taking minor halts to search for the strange man who had approached me only minutes ago, and spotted him leaving through the main exit. Hurriedly, I chased after him and almost knocked over a small boy since all my attention had been on Doug. "I'm so sorry!" I shouted, moving my gaze for only a second so I wouldn't lose sight of the man.

Once I reached outside there was no sign of Tyler or Doug. I continued to walk forward and searched the small parking lot, finding only Tyler's car, he himself being absent. Perhaps he was still inside?

I began to make my way back when I heard the voices of a few men, one of them certainly being Tyler's. I turned the corner of the building and found a very secluded area, the only people visible there being Tyler, Doug and three others.

"Tyler?" I said in a questioning tone, confused and worried, wanting to leave but not being able to. I thoroughly inspected the scene before me and tried to make sense of it.

Two of the men had Tyler firmly stood on the ground with his hands behind his back, he was struggling to let loose. Doug was stood beside the remaining man who seemed to be in charge. He had been raising his voice and acting quite hostile towards Tyler until I spoke up. All eyes were now on me.

"Arissa get back to the car, I won't be long," he tried to stay cool but I could hear the desperation behind his voice. I wanted to abide but leaving him like this felt wrong. He would never leave me and even though I wouldn't be able to protect him, I had to stay.

"No, I'm not leaving without you, I'm staying right here." I was proud of myself for sounding so confident even though the intimidation of these men loomed over me. I avoided any eye contact with them and focused on Tyler, knowing I'd break if I did otherwise.

"Don't be stupid. Leave," his voice was dangerously serious but I made sure to stand by my first decision. I shook my head and he growled but almost instantly his features became soft. "Please," he begged.

"Well, well, who do we have here?" the main man said, slowly walking over to me with a grin plastered on his face. I had almost forgotten we were in the presence of others. Almost.

"Get away from her," Tyler hissed, trying to break free.

Stupidly, I lunged forward to try and help but my wrist was caught before I was even remotely close to him. I quickly jerked my hand free and stood back, distancing myself as much as I could. "Don't you dare touch her," Tyler warned as he followed the man's filthy glare raking over my body.

"You mean like this?" he caressed my arm and I flinched, slapping his hand off. I glowered at him and he laughed as Tyler frustratedly kicked the ground. His companions joined in on the petty joke and I silently prayed it would all turn out okay. Please be a horrible nightmare.

He examined the front of my body and then moved around to look at the back, I felt so helpless. On one hand I wanted to leave but couldn't go without Tyler, and on the other hand I had the urge to kick this guy where it hurts but I was so defenceless, especially with Tyler unable to move. I couldn't possibly face two men alone. Stop being such a wimp. Face him. What's the worst that could happen?

"Well, what is this?" the man chuckled before I managed to speak up to him. His cold hand raised the crop top I had on slightly and I clearly knew he was talking about my only tattoo which read 'Tyler'.