thirty nine

Aloha everyone :)

Enjoy!

Chapter 39

My fingers brushed through the soft brown hair on Tyler's head, his eyes were closed and he was humming a tune I didn't recognise.

I was currently sat on the sofa in his living room. His head was in my lap and his legs hung over the edge of the sofa, swaying slightly.

Nobody else was home right now. Keith, Laura and Kyle were out somewhere and Heidi still wasn't home after her date last night. I was surprised that Tyler hadn't rang her to ask where she was.

"Tyler, is something wrong?" He had been so quiet the whole day. "Tyler?" I repeated.

"Huh?" he snapped out of his thoughts.

"What's wrong?" I furrowed my brow and hovered my face above his.

"Why would anything be wrong?" he watched me.

I shook my head. "I don't know. You seem.. distant," I tried to explain.

As he opened his mouth to answer me, I heard the front door opening and closing. Heidi walked into the room happily but her expression seemed to drop when she saw us before her. At first, I was confused as to why she did that but then I realised she may have been worried about what Tyler would say regarding her not being home all night.

"Hey, come sit with us," I said as though this was my home. It almost felt like that since she was behaving so awkwardly.

"I'm going to go to my room," she announced and turned on her heel.

"No, wait!" I stopped her, sensing something unusual. She wasn't acting normally, something had definitely happened and I wanted to find out what. Perhaps Alec had said something? I seriously hoped not.

"If she doesn't want to be here, just let her go," Tyler cut in. She sucked in a deep breath when he said that and seized the chance to leave when I turned to scowl at Tyler. "What?" he said loudly. "It's true!"

"What's wrong with you?" I pushed him away from me but he purposely rested his head on my shoulder to annoy me. "She was clearly upset or something!" I shoved him off me again and stood up, straightening my dark blue blouse out.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Where are you going?" he lazily groaned, catching onto my wrist. I couldn't mention anything about Alec being the possible cause for Heidi's mood change as Tyler had no idea what was beginning to blossom between the two of them. And if he found out from me, I knew all hell would break loose.

"To see Heidi, you stay here," I told him and he nodded, flopping backwards.

I walked upstairs and knocked on her bedroom door. There was a small moment of silence but once I called out her name, she allowed me to enter. I sat atop her bed and she joined me, setting a pillow in her lap out of habit. "You're not going to beat around the bush and you'll tell me exactly what's wrong. Pronto," I commanded, not willing to waste time on her trying to avoid or change the topic. She shook her head. "Did Alec do something?"

"No, not at all!"

"Then?"

I knew from the look on her face that she really did want to share her problem with me, so I just waited patiently and didn't push her.

"Well," she started and I tried to hide my smile. I was glad she wasn't hiding anything from me anymore. "Alec and I were on our date last night... and erm, Tyler saw us," her face fell even more so than before, something I thought wasn't possible.