nine

Hi guys!

This chapter is dedicated to Jclarky8 <3

Chapter 9

I stared at my Mum, not wanting to talk to her. After the massive argument we had only a few days ago I'd expect her to stay out of my business.

Guess I was wrong.

"Well?" she said, waiting for my response. She obviously wanted to have another go at me.

"Honey, she asked me so it's fine," Dad walked up to her and put his arm around her, trying to convince her.

"I still think she should have asked me," she huffed.

Why would she even think that?

We weren't exactly on the best of terms and we had barely spoken to each other. She should have realised that I was ignoring her and wouldn't get over the things she accused me of so easily.

"I didn't think it was necessary. Dad's given me permission so I'm going regardless of what you say," I snapped rather harshly. I folded my arms over my chest and looked the other way.

"Why do you think I was going to say no?" she questioned me.

"Do you ever say yes?" I asked rhetorically, silencing her. After a minute or so of awkward silence, she took a deep breath and was preparing to attack me with her words once more. I had gotten used to it and wasn't the least bit bothered.

"Well, I was going to allow you. I just wanted to know who else was going because I was concerned," she softly spoke.

A rush of guilt came over me. She was only looking out for me but I was rude towards her. You could hardly blame me though.

Just as I was about to reply, Tyler barged in through the front door, awaring us of his presence. "Come on, Arissa darling! Let's get outta here!" he yelled, his voice echoing throughout the room. Darling? Really?

All our heads snapped towards him. Mum smiled, Dad frowned and I was just shaking my head. After the incident in my bedroom that Dad had witnessed he didn't seem to approve of him, and definitely wasn't pleased that he was accompanying me on this trip. I prayed that he wouldn't suddenly change his mind about me going.

"Arissa. He's going too?" Dad asked very seriously, taking a moment to glance at Tyler with hostility. I hardly saw my Dad like this and it was rather frightening, but Tyler didn't seem intimidated by him at all.

He was about to speak again but I quickly interrupted, knowing he would end up telling Dad that it was only the two of us. He would one hundred percent not let me go then, and maybe Tyler wanted that.

"Yeah he is, he's kind of protective over Heidi. He said it's the only way he'd let her go so we had to agree," I answered, smiling in the hope that he would fall for my lie. He still looked unsure about it but thankfully, and I couldn't believe I was saying this, Mum came to the rescue.

"What a sweet boy. I'm sure he'll take good care of Arissa too," she smiled pleasantly at him.

"Oh, don't worry about that Mrs. Noels," he began as he cheekily smirked at me. I knew exactly what he was thinking. "I'll take great care of her," he said, purposely annoying me.

In this moment, it felt like my Mum liked and trusted him more than her own daughter.

She was a terrible judge of character.

If only she knew the whole truth about him, she'd throw him out of the house in less than a second. He was the one responsible for my exclusion from college and now, he only wanted me to sleep with him.