twenty one

Gooood morning/afternoon/evening/night!

Firstly I just want to address a small situation. For some reason chapter 20 was deleted and so I had to re-upload it. I'd really appreciate if the people who commented and voted last time would just go back and do it again if it isn't too much of a hassle!

On a brighter note, this chapter is dedicated to NikoleSin

Enjoy!

Chapter 21

Daniel's POV

I opened the passenger seat door for Arissa and helped her in. Inspector Lassiter had decided it was best for him to leave with everybody else. He said Arissa would feel uncomfortable with him, or any other stranger for that matter, around.

I glanced back and saw that the police van and car were driving away, but that's not what I was paying attention to. I was trying to find Alec but more importantly Tyler. After everything, where was he? He was so impatient to see Arissa but when she was right here he had suddenly disappeared.

I shook my head and walked to the other side of my car before sitting inside. "What were you looking for?" Arissa asked quietly, trying to hold in her sobs.

"Oh, nothing," I vaguely responded and she nodded her head then remained silent.

About five minutes later, when we had left that house, she spoke again. "I wanted to thank you Daniel, I had lost all hope and if you had never come then I would en-" she managed to say until she lost the control she had on her emotions. "I'm s-sorry, you probably think I cry so much," she tried to smile.

"Hey, you don't need to thank me or apologise," I rested a hand on her thigh but she flinched so I quickly moved it away. "Sorry."

"Don't be sorry, I was just alarmed becau-"

"You don't need to clarify anything," I assured her. I completely understood why she did that, it hadn't been easy for the girl.

"Really though, thank you."

"If anyone you should thank Tyler," I told her. "He got the proof and it was the only way we were actually able to arrest them."

I watched closely as her eyes slightly widened and she furrowed her brow in confusion. "What? Where is he?" she asked loudly, her voice laced with happiness and maybe even relief.

"I don't know. That's who I was looking for but he seemed to have left. It's weird because he was so impatient to see you."

She sank into her seat when I said that and whispered, "oh."

Twenty minutes later we arrived outside her house. She was adamant on delaying seeing her parents but I managed to convince her to return home. They had already been informed about everything so at least she escaped having to explain everything. "I don't know what I'm even going to say," she sighed, an upset and worried look plastered her face.

"Do you want me to come with you?" I asked, but I didn't know why. Usually I wouldn't offer but she looked so miserable that I couldn't stop myself from wanting to help in some way.

"Really?" she said after contemplating the idea and I nodded my head with a smile. "That would be great."

-

Arissa's POV

Daniel and I got out of the car and walked up the few steps to my front porch. He rang the doorbell and it was quickly opened, but not by who I was expecting. The tall figure before me was my brother. He was still dressed in his uniform, his hair was shorter than the last time I saw him and a shocked expression crossed his features.