thirty four

Hey :)

Just a little note to say that the character 'Gabriel' is the guy Tyler needs to collect the money from!

Enjoy

Chapter 34

Jake's POV

I grinned to myself as Tyler walked out of the pub angrily. He was completely helpless, he had no choice but to take up my offer. I was certain that he wouldn't call the police this time, his sweet Arissa was on the line after all.

Mark, one of my men, left the group of men playing cards on his table and stomped towards me, displeased that I had included Tyler in our plans. They never did get along. "Tell me he said no," he sighed, ordering a drink from the bartender and sitting down next to me.

I smiled, "I'm afraid I can't, mate." I laughed at his annoyed reaction and patted his shoulder, telling him to calm down because I had a plan in mind. "You don't really think I'd be able to save Tyler's ass? Or that I'd want to? They would shoot me in under a second if I showed any sympathy towards a traitor."

"Then why the hell is he still breathing? Why is he even coming to the party when we don't need him?" anger emanated from him.

I shook my head at his lack of understanding whenever it came to matters like this. I groaned, pressing on the bridge of my nose. "See, if something happens to him, we'll be accused straight away and we really don't need that. But if he was to get hurt at a party that none of us attended... we definitely won't be the main suspects. Gabriel will. Once the police find out why Tyler went there and consider the bad history the two of them have," I devilishly smirked.

"But how do you know Gabriel will even shoot him? Or do anything at all?"

"He won't. You will," I pointed a finger rudely at him. "Tyler will get the money, you'll shoot him and take it, our asses will be saved from the bosses. Never mind hitting two birds with one stone, we'll be hitting three!" I exclaimed, swishing the liquid in my glass around and hearing the clink of the ice hitting the sides.

I'd finally get myself out of this mess.

-

Arissa's POV

The sound of Tyler slamming the front door echoed through the hallway and boomed in my ears. He dragged his feet into the room and slumped down on the sofa, frowning. "Is everything okay?" I asked him but he did not respond. "Ty?" I crept upto him. "Tyler!" I yelled, startling him.

"What?!" He shouted back at me.

"What the hell is up with you?" I was becoming increasingly worried. "You seem off."

"I'm fine! Do you have a problem with that?" He meanly answered, walking out without listening to anything else I had to say.

I was left bewildered in the middle of the room when he returned, sighing as he ran a hand through his hair. He held my hands in his own and gazed into my eyes, making my heartbeat quicken. "I didn't mean to lash out, sorry."

"It's okay," I said. His eyes bore into mine, neither of us blinked as a smile made its way onto my face. He returned the gesture, all of a sudden in a much better mood. "I'm going to town with Heidi," I informed him, hoping he would tag along.

"Okay," he said, shattering that hope. He saw the dull expression clouding my face and smiled in defeat. "Fine, I'll come too. I need a few things anyway."

After picking Heidi up, the three of us set off to go to the Mall, with Tyler clearing that whenever he was around I wouldn't be driving. How annoying.