eighteen

Heyyyy!

An upload after two whole weeks! Sorry, college work just piles up and I never get time!

This chapter is dedicated to RichuDW

Enjoy!

Chapter 18

I slowly opened my eyes and took in my surroundings; I was lying on a large double bed, wooden pillars were present on all four corners of it to support the roof and layers of silky material were draped around them. The walls were white and minimal furniture decorated the room, there was only a clock, a cupboard and a tall lamp. It made the room look very spacious but I still felt suffocated, like the walls were closing in on me.

My hands were beneath my body and I groaned as I unsuccessfully tried to free myself of the rope tied around my wrists, grazing myself instead. I began to writhe and squirm, struggling to move so I could sit upright. After minutes of failed attempts I was fed up so I decided to try another method.

I raised my head and peered around. "Where are you assholes?" I yelled in a demanding tone, forgetting about the threat Jake had posed on me earlier. After hearing no reply I gave up and dropped my head back onto the soft pillow, closing my still tired eyes as I hummed the tune to my favourite song to drown the events of my life out.

"Get up," I heard a faint voice in the back of my head. "Get up!" it was repeated in a much louder tone, making my eyes shoot open. Doug was towering above me with a tray of food in his large hands.

"Don't you think I would have if I could?" I remarked, annoyance clear in my voice.

"Your attitude is gonna get you in trouble," he spat. He placed the tray down at the end of the bed and roughly untied my hands, but left my feet tied.

"My attitude? Seriously? If you expect me to stay quiet after you kidnapped me you're totally wrong!" I barked.

"Eat it," he commanded as he jerked his head towards the tray. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. I wasn't in the mood to eat. "Didn't you hear me?"

"I'm not hungry."

"She being a pain in the arse again?" Jake asked Doug as he strode into the room, his gaze kept on his iPhone the whole time.

"You know it," he replied as he glared at me. I pulled a dirty look at him and then turned away, oddly fascinated by the plain walls.

"Do you need to be fed like a little baby?" Jake laughed as he placed his phone into the back pocket of his dark blue jeans. I stuck my middle finger up at him and smiled sarcastically. I didn't know how I was being so confident but I knew if I showed how scared I was really feeling, it would give him an even bigger advantage. He sighed and sat down next to me, picking the bowl of cereal up and holding it in front of me. "Have it. Now," he ordered. I shook my head, I could be stubborn if I wanted to. He unexpectedly pushed a spoonful of Rice Krispies into my mouth but I automatically spat it out onto the marble floor. I didn't even like them. "Hey! We just had them cleaned!" he yelled at me.

"Boo hoo," I said sourly. "Why do you even care if I eat or not?"

"It's called hospitality. I have to look after my guest, don't I?" he asked rhetorically, shooting a wink at me.

"Of course, because tying your guests up is so hospitable!"

He chuckled. "Be thankful you got a proper room, you'll end up in the basement if you keep being a bitch."

Why was I even in a proper bedroom with a comfortable bed? Shouldn't I be tied in a chair in some cold, damp room where there's no electricity? Isn't that usually how it goes?