twenty three

Heeey you guys!

This chapter is dedicated to Velian

Enjoy!

Chapter 23

Tyler's POV

I held Arissa's left hand as she rang the doorbell with the other. "Oh, looks like nobody is home!" I said after less than a minute of waiting. Just as I took a step away, she tugged my hand and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Hm," she tapped her chin in mock-thought. "Is Tyler Lawson nervous?" she questioned rhetorically, grinning at me.

"He most certainly isn't," I answered anyway, pinching her waist. She softly yelped just as the door opened, the light from inside radiating on our faces which were previously masked by the darkness of the Winter's night.

I raised my eyebrows in shock as I looked at the tall figure before us, noticing how much he had changed since I had last seen him around town. I didn't know anything about him other than his name. I was even unaware that this was the guy who was my girlfriend's older brother until now. He was more built and his hair was trimmed a lot shorter. He had a certain look which could probably intimidate anyone, even me. He eyed me up, realising what the relationship I held with his sister was once he saw our hands intertwined. Did her family even know about us?

We walked through the doorway and he led us to the main room. "They do know I'm your boyfriend right?" I whispered to her and she reddened at the mention of the word, then nodded her head.

I walked into the room and Arissa's mum instantly jumped to my side, making me feel welcome. I could easily sense that her dad was restraining from making a remark and it made me smirk. Drew offered me a seat and I sat down, pulling Arissa beside me.

"It's nice to finally meet you," I held my hand out to Drew who was still glaring, not helping the tension decrease. He gave a half-smile and roughly shook my hand.

Their Mum brought out glasses and a bottle of red wine, filling them up and handing me one. "Thank you," I smiled. She left the room with her husband, saying they should let us 'kids' talk.

"So you're the infamous Tyler," Drew said and my eyes widened. "Did I say something wrong?" he began. I took a sip from my glass before he continued. "You are the one who toys with girls, starts a fight every week and does drugs, right? Oh, and not to forget you got my sister thrown out of college," he smiled, making me choke on the wine. I quickly swallowed it and Arissa patted my back as I coughed lightly.

"Drew.." she warned.

"Yes Arissa? Do remind me why you're with him."

"I've only ever done drugs once," I interrupted before she could answer, ignoring the rest of his question. Even though I used to help Zach deal I had only tried cocaine once and that was the truth.

"Doesn't make you any better," he answered sharply. Arissa was about to speak but I squeezed her hand, stopping her. Her Dad already despised me, if her brother thought the same it wouldn't really help my case. After all he was just worried for his sister, rightly so. I was bad for her and she knew it but I couldn't stay away. Neither of us could.

-

Arissa entered the dining room once she was changed and sat opposite me, next to her brother. "So, what are your plans for the future?" Drew asked me once the five of us were seated at the dining table.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

"Well, I've always had an interest in piloting," I said. I had never told anyone except Alec because the conversation was never brought up.