thirty five

Chapter 35

Tyler's POV

I never imagined somebody could have so much control over me. Nobody could ever persuade me to do something against my will. That was before Arissa. She was the reason why I was standing beside her inside the huge cabin two days before Christmas, decorating the place completely last minute before everyone could join us tomorrow morning.

Everyone meaning her parents, Drew, Alec, Heidi, Kyle and his devil-like parents.

She had done everything in her power to make me agree and I eventually did, only because I was becoming impatient and would have fought with her, something I didn't want again. I came up with several excuses to cancel the plan but she wouldn't have any of it. She would make sure every single person came.

"No, don't put that there!" She shouted at me, removing the bauble I had placed on the large tree and positioning it to her choice. "There," she smiled, putting her hands on her hips and proudly looking at our finished Christmas tree.

"Is this in the right place?" I whispered to her, sliding my hand up her dress and trailing past her thigh until I felt the waistband of her underwear.

"Not now, Tyler," she whined, prolonging the end of my name. She pushed me away, "I have lots to do."

"Well who told you to invite the whole bloody town?" I complained.

"Stop exaggerating. I know you don't want your dad here but you need to tell him how you feel."

"He knows how I feel. I hate him," I told her again, hoping it would stick in her God damn head this time.

"Just keep telling yourself that," she muttered as she quickly tidied up the room, me being her unhelpful shadow these past few days. "It's already eight and I need to make sure all the rooms are clean," she began to climb up the stairs but I caught her wrist.

"Stop worrying so much, you've probably tidied the whole place over twenty times," I pulled her towards me and her hands rested on my chest as her green eyes gazed into mine. She dropped her head forward and let out a muffled groan.

"I just want everything to be perfect," she said.

Chuckling, I lifted her chin up with two fingers. "It's already perfect." She gave me an unconvinced smile and I shook my head, knowing she wouldn't rest until we had looked over everything once more. "Okay, last time.. then we're going out for dinner," I made myself clear.

-

When we arrived at the busy restaurant, we had to wait fifteen minutes until being seated at a table.

"Good evening. Are you ready to order, sir?" The young waiter asked me politely.

"Yes, we are," I replied, disliking how he had only addressed me. He looked at Arissa and smiled, his eyes flickering towards her low cut white dress. I clenched my jaw but decided not to cause a scene. I ordered what I wanted and he turned to face my girl.

"And for the pretty lady?" He flirted with her, turning slightly pink. Arissa blushed and I grew angrier as he had the nerve to look at her chest again.

"I want another waiter," I said loudly. Arissa looked at me with a confused expression and was about to cut in but I didn't let her. "Now."

"Is there a problem, Sir?" He was taken aback. Yes, I fucking caught you, dickhead.

"Get me another waiter!" I slammed my palm down, shaking the cutlery on the table.

"Tyler! What's wrong with you?" Arissa stood up next to me. The waiter scurried off and I considered following him and teaching him a lesson so he wouldn't eye anyone's girlfriend like that again, especially not mine.