twenty

Hiya!

Thankfully this was saved so I could quickly re-upload. I got so scared!

Anyway, quite a few POV changes but I just wanted to show what was going on in both places!

This chapter is dedicated to AbbyAbila <3

Enjoy!

Chapter 20

Tyler's POV

"Inspector Lassiter will be here shortly, I'm going to have to ask you to wait," the receptionist repeated for what felt like the tenth time.

"I'm sure he's not the only fucking one who can help!" I slammed my hands down on the front counter, making her jump. I couldn't help but raise my voice at her, at anyone who was delaying me in getting her back. Alec rested a hand on my shoulder, signalling me to calm down even though he knew it most likely wouldn't work.

"Sorry sir but this is his case and he i-" she began but I cut her off.

"Just stop. You're only pissing me off more." I frustratedly ran a hand through my hair and paced around to try and control myself from exploding. "Where the fuck is he?" I muttered quietly to myself, but obviously not quietly enough since she still heard me and thought she should answer.

"There's been a robbery so-"

"I don't give a damn! A robbery is nowhere near as important as this!" I yelled back. I was surprised she hadn't gotten me thrown out, she probably knew how desperate I was.

Before I could continue my rant I was interrupted by Daniel. He was to join the Police Force himself and therefore was assisting as the final part of his training.

"What's going on here?" he politely asked even though he had just heard the foul language I was directing at that woman. He pulled one arm out of the sleeve of his jacket followed by the other as he waited for an answer.

His eyes focused on me when the receptionist didn't reply.

"I need to talk to Lassiter and fuck knows where he is!" I began to explain.

"He's right here," a tall, slim man replied from behind Dan, referring to himself. The man instantly had an intimidating effect on the people around him, giving out an immediate sense of authority. I narrowed my eyes at him.

So this was the old bastard who had kept me waiting.

-

Arissa's POV

I had only been left for an hour or so until he returned. My heart automatically began racing as he closed the door, scared of what he'd have prepared for me this time. He did say it was only the beginning. As the sound of each heavy footstep hit the ground I tried to back further away, only finding a cold brick wall for comfort. I didn't even bother trying to hide my fear; how could I possibly face this dangerous man if I was tied up, unable to defend myself in any way?

There was a dim light cast over the right side of his face as he towered above me. The other side was shadowed, making him look more vicious and making me feel even weaker in his presence.

He crouched down so we were at similar heights and then he trailed his fingers from my thighs down to my ankles several times. I tried to back him off but every single attempt of mine remained unsuccessful. He leaned in closer and placed a large hand on my cheek. I tried to look away but he forced me to look at him, digging his nails into my skin if I even considered closing my eyes. He brought his face next to mine and left a peck on my cheek, working his way along until he roughly buried his face into the crook of my neck. He held me tightly by my hips and I desperately struggled in his tight, painful hold. It was sure to leave bruise marks.