My inspiration

3rd Person POV:

The next day both boys didn't interact much at all. None of their friends stopped by so it was just them and the girls.

They didn't have to act and due to Taehyung's new "rules", Jungkook didn't know how to act around the other.

Taehyung took this new free time to explore more of his future life and home.

Taehyung's POV:

Ever since I made the rules, Jungkook was acting weird. He was acting cold and reserved. if I got near him, he backed up. I know this is what I asked for, but I'll admit, it feels horrible. It feels wrong.

But because I'm stubborn, I'm not going to change my mind about them.

I decided I should take today to figure out more about my future self. After learning Eomma isn't here, I need to figure out a new lead on the rings and how we could get back home.

I saw Jungkook playing with Miso in the living which made me smile. He felt my stare and looked up at me. His smile dropped and turned awkward before he looked back at Miso. That hurt my heart.

I shook off the feeling and walked upstairs. I peaked into the girls room and saw Aerum playing with her dolls. I smiled fondly at the little version of me and kept walking down the hall.

I stopped in front of one of the doors we missed and turned the knob. I pushed the door open and gasped when I saw what was inside.

It was an art studio.

It was so colorful and filled with canvases and easels. There was a drawing desk and a book case full of paints and art supplies. There were dirty aprons everywhere and tools and paintbrushes in bins in the corners.

It was like my dream.

The room smelled like lavender and I felt at peace in there.

I walked around the large easel in the corner and gasped again when I saw the half finished painting on the easel. It was a half painted sketch of Jungkook. A really well done one too.

"Wow.." I whispered as I ran my fingers along the paint.

I looked around and saw stacked canvases leaned against the wall with their backs facing me. I gently pulled one up and saw another gorgeous painting of Jungkook.

All of them were of him. He was in different poses. They all had different background colors. He was always in a new outfit.

It was impressive. I know I have a talent for art, but this detailed of a painting was crazy. Even for me.

I put them back and moved over to the desk and saw an opened notebook with writing in it. It looked like my handwriting.

The page it was on had the date.

"This is from five days ago?" I whispered to myself.

I picked up the journal and started to read the page it was left open on.

"I tried a new approach today. I thought maybe I could look at old photos to capture the glow. It still doesn't look how I want it to, and I'm not even finished with it. I need to capture it perfectly, but it's frustrating when I can't get the look I want. I need to capture the look of him that I saw the moment I fell in love with him. I remember it but I can't put it on paper."

The journal read and it clicked in my mind what all the paintings were.

They were attempts at a final that I was doing for some reason.

I flipped back in the book and read some of the other pages. This was like my diary.

"Today was Jungkook's award ceremony. He looked so elegant up on the stage. I wish he was proud of himself. He still doesn't think he's earned anything he's received. I'm here to change that, though."

I read from a page that was dated a few weeks ago.

I flipped to the front of the book and read the first page.

"Wow.. this goes back to 6 years ago." I whispered.

I read the first page,

"Hi, my name is Kim Taehyung. My boyfriend is Jeon Jungkook. We've been dating since Junior year of Highschool. We actually have a pretty crazy backstory but you wouldn't believe it if I told you."

This shocked me. "We started dating in Junior year? A crazy backstory? Does that mean going to the future because I'd believe it." I thought.

"We are moving in together in a month and I'm so excited. I'm going to make my own art studio! Anyways, I'm writing this journal to keep memories of our future together. Hopefully I keep this up for my future self to look back on."

I flipped through multiple pages until I found one page that looked wrecked compared to the rest. It looked like I stabbed the page with the pen until the ink broke and I tried to wipe it away. There also seemed to be tear stains? As soon as I started reading, I understood why.

"Eomma passed away today. Miso won't even have memories of her as she grows up. Aerum will only have a few. She lost her life to an unfair dis-"

I shut the book. I can't read anymore about my future. If I know everything that happens I'll ruin everything trying to prevent it.

Tears brimmed my eyes as I thought of my Eomma. I miss her. I can't lose her, but I know fate has already made it's decision.

I sighed and stopped thinking about it.

"No more crying, Tae." I said to myself before walking around the studio.

There were photos on every wall. So many of me and Jungkook. Some of them were scandalous making my cheeks redden. Some were so sweet.

I saw so many of me painting that Jungkook must've taken. Some of him holding my hand as I drew. Some of us hugging on the couch taken by someone else.

It was like a photo album on all the walls. Each photo was placed in a certain way to make the wall not look too cluttered. It was perfect.

I turned to the last wall of photos and in the center was a painting of Jungkook with writing underneath it. I read it and let the words sink into my brain.

"My inspiration."

I couldn't help but feel my heart flutter at everything I just experienced. I learned a little too much about my future and it helped me realize something.

Jungkook is my future, he's my life and I've been trying so hard to deny it. If I stop trying to push him away, maybe I'll understand why my future self loves him so much.

What I didn't notice is that I already understand why, because I was starting to love him too.