Understanding

3rd Person POV:

Both boys turned to see a smushy faced mochi standing beside them.

"Taehyung?" Jimin asked again.

"Hey, Chim." Taehyung smiled.

"Sorry, I came to find you because I told you I wouldn't leave you alone... but I did." He said with a sheepish smile.

Taehyung giggled a little, fiddling with the hem of Jungkook's shirt.

"It's alright." He said.

"Oh no, your skin. Did you bring your itch relief cream?" Jimin asked in worry as he walked up to him and looked over Taehyung's inflamed neck and cheeks.

Taehyung shrunk a little, looking up at the two other boys.

"No... I forgot it." He said in a small voice.

Jimin walked closer, gently moving Jungkook over so he wasn't in front of Taehyung anymore.

He softly grabbed Taehyung's cheeks and lifted his head to inspect his neck better.

"It's okay, Chim. I'm fine." Taehyung said, looking over at Jungkook who was watching Jimin with an unreadable expression.

"Jungkook, can you go get me some water and a small bag of ice?" Jimin asked, never moving his eyes from Taehyung's skin.

Jungkook watched him in confusion.

"Why?" Jungkook asked.

"Tae needs to wash the sweat off the inflamed areas so that his skin can settle down." He explained in a soft voice, but his eyes held a glare as he looked at the boy over his shoulder.

Jungkook gulped at the look before looking over at Taehyung who saw the entire interaction.

He looked at Jungkook and nodded in reassurance and mouthed, 'I'll talk to him.'

Jungkook nodded before leaving, walking back inside to get the asked materials.

Jimin ran his hands down Taehyung's shoulders to his elbows checking for any other rashes on the boy's delicate skin.

Taehyung swallowed harshly, feeling a mix of emotions of love for the boy taking such good care of him but confusion for his attitude towards his boyfriend.

"Chim?" Taehyung started slowly.

Jimin looked back up at Taehyung with a questioning look.

"Can I ask you something?" Taehyung asked as he grabbed Jimin's hands and held them in his slender ones.

"Of course." Jimin answered immediately.

"I've just noticed that something seems... off? With you and... the way you act around Jungkook? I'm not suggesting anything bad, I just wanted know if you were okay? I know we cleared everything up from our fight, but I've noticed you act... colder around him, and he's noticed it too, a lot more than me and I just wanted to know if something was wrong." Taehyung finished, trying to choose his words carefully to avoid more conflict with his soulmate.

Jimin sighed, looking back and forth between Taehyungs eyes and their connected hands.

"I'm sorry... I know I act... different around him. I-I just feel like- I don't know." Jimin said, struggling to find the words.

"You can tell me. No matter what it is that you feel, I won't judge you or be upset. Just talk to me Chim. I'm still your best friend. You're still mine." Taehyung smiled, reassuring him as he saw his anxious eyes.

Jimin took a deep breath and nodded.

"That's what I'm worried about. Now that y-you have Jungkook, which don't get me wrong, I love that you and him are happy together, but now that you have him and are happy with him, I'm worried that we won't be... each other's everything anymore." Jimin said his hands started to shake at the thought.