Shame

Jungkook's POV:

We were halfway through watching "The Notebook" per Jimin's request, and everyone seemed to have moved on from what happened during the party. I, however, was still very focused on the event.

My mind was completely clouded with emotions as images from the incident repeated over and over. 

I couldn't get the gross smirk of the bastard out of my head. The way he looked at my baby, the things he planned to do to him if I didn't interfere, the entire thing made my blood boil. I could practically see red when I realized what he was doing and heard what he said.

It was disgusting, and I can't even imagine how Taehyung must have felt. My Tae. My husband

I can't believe I let that happen.

As I was drowning in anger and shame, I failed to notice how someone was paying close attention to my actions.

I was pulled from my daze when I felt a soft, delicate hand fall over my tightly balled fist that was currently shaking because of how upset I was.

He rubbed circles over my bandaged knuckles, eventually calming down my rage to mild disgust. 

I looked over at him and he was only looking at our hands, watching how I reacted to his movements.

I unclenched my fist and watched as a small smile lit up his face.

I then took in our surroundings.

Taehyung was in my lap, one hand on top of mine as my other was securely around his waist. His other hand was occupied by Jin who sat beside us. Jin always held Taehyung's hand when he needed comfort, so I didn't question it.

I did feel like a failure though. I knew Taehyung and the hyungs were probably disappointed in me. I shouldn't have let that freak lay a finger on him.

Taehyung was probably even more upset with me. I can't even begin to think about that. The thought of losing him is too much for me to handle.

I looked at Taehyung and Jin's connected hands. I watched how Jin absent mindedly rubbed his palm in a calming manner. It made my stomach churn. Not because it was someone else comforting my boyfriend, but because he needed to be comforted by someone else because of me.

The more I watched their hands, the more that thought set in. I looked away from them as if the sight hurt my eyes.

I tried to focus on the movie, desperately needing a distraction, but it wasn't working.

The only thing that can fully take my mind off things is Taehyung, but what do you do when your only escape is mad at you too?

My mind started to feel hazy, I needed some space. I needed to know that everything was ok, but it wasn't. 

"I-I'm going to the bathroom." I choked out quietly, leaning in behind his ear so he could hear me. 

He looked back at me, but I couldn't face him, I didn't want to meet his disappointed eyes.

I slowly pushed him off my lap over to the side and stood up. I quickly walked out of the room and into the bathroom that we were in only an hour earlier. 

I shut the door rather loudly, on accident. 

I rushed to the sink and splashed my face with cold water, looking at my reflection int he mirror right after.

The more I looked at myself the angrier I got. 

"Stupid!" I whisper shouted at myself. 

How could I mess up this badly?

"Why are you so stupid?" I whispered again, gripping he sides of the sink tightly.

Tears clouded my eyes as I replayed everything that happened tonight. 

Everything was so good, why did that shithead have to ruin everything?

Why did I let him down?

I started to feel claustrophobic in the small bathroom, my head getting heavy as I felt overwhelmed, my anxiety spiking.

A dried my face and clumsily stumbled at the bathroom door. I walked to the front door and pushed it open, almost falling down on my way out.

Closing the door behind me, I stumbled down the few steps and sat on the bottom one.

My head was spinning but it felt clearer as I breathed in the fresh, night breeze. I brought my knees to my chest and buried my head into my arms as slow tears fell from my eyes. 

The more I cried, the heavier my eyes felt. The more my anxiety rose, my need for Taehyung increased.

"T-Taehyung!" I choked out as I hugged my knees closer to me.

My heart beating fast as the world around me darkened, my biggest fears playing out before me.

Everything was too much, I started to feel lightheaded.

Suddenly, everything went black.

Not before I heard a faint, "Jungkook!"