Chapter 6: The Heirs

A/N Sorry if this chapter is short and to all those people who keep reading, commenting and a voting on my story all I would like to say is you guys are really sweet! ☺️
----------------

It was a very awkward walk back to the palace. Kahmunrah felt like he was stuck between two repelling magnets. The magnets being Ismara and Ahkmenrah. It wasn't pleasant.

Ismara's cold grey eyes gleamed triumphantly in the dark but they were cast towards the floor. The curtain of dark silky hair fell about her face, trying to hide the triumph she felt when she realised Ahkmenrah still felt for her. But Kahmunrah's sharp brown eyes broke through that barrier.

Cold Hearted little bitch. He thought to himself. His eyes found his way to his brother. Ahkmenrah's face was blank as hiding emotions was a skill he possessed since he was a child. But his bright green eyes told Kahmunrah everything.

Cold hearted little bitch! He thought once more. Ismara separated from them soon after they entered the hall. Without a word they slipped into their room. Ahkmenrah fell on his bed apparently exhausted he closed his eyes and 'slept'. But Kahmunrah knew better. He had seen this trick before, many times in fact.

"I know you're awake Ahk"

"No I'm not!"

Kahmunrah sighed. Maybe they should of left that bitch to those lecherous men. She deserved something like that. Whatever she did to make Ahkmenrah feel that way couldn't be worse. Then he deeply regretted that thought. After all she was still human.

"You never told me what happened that night." he said inviting his little brother to unburden his worries.

Ahkmenrah was silent for a moment, staring at the ceiling, as if contemplating whether he should tell his brother or not.

"You know that guard Menkhet well..." he didn't need to say much more. Ismara being the little bitch she was had cheated on him. It was easy to see why he was hurt.

He remembered how Ahkmenrah would always talk ecstatically about Ismara. Saying she was the best thing that happened to him. He cared about her so much and she threw his heart away with both hands. But he had to admire his brother's bravery. He hadn't killed either the guard or that cheating little bitch. He had faced everyday with the knowledge that the people who hurt him were living and breathing in the same air he was.

"Some advice?" Asked Kahmunrah. Ahkmenrah gave his brother a curious look an nodded "Ignore them, act happy and indifferent, like what they did couldn't hurt you. It's a slap in the face wen they realise that."

"You seem to know a lot about this Kahmun. Did one of your exes do that?"

Kahmunrah grinned. "Three years is a long time to gain experience" he said referring to their difference in age.

----------------------------

Merenkahre had heard every word being discussed by his sons. One of the many powers gained by the tablet. At first he smiled at their youthfulness. But then another thought entered his head...

He took out the blue scarab ring of the heir. At first he thought the heir would always be Kahmunrah, and Ahkmenrah would always be the royal adviser. But now he thought differently. He couldn't possibly do that now. Not after what he just heard. They complimented each other so well. How much the country would benefit if...

He got out another Scarab ring and a papyrus piece. He started to write...

Kahmunrah and Ahkmenrah the Fourth Kings of the Fourth Kings.

He rolled up the parchment, slipped it through the two rings and placed it in between the little niche so no one would find it.