Chapter 26: Learning of Sargon

Hey! Thankyou so much for 7k! You guys are awesome.

Picture of Kain (Jake Gyllenhaal) above. I imagined Kain as a Prince of Persia type of Guy. ;)

Special thanks to all those people who checked out our collab story! You guys are awesome! If you haven't already done so please check it out HackedByWriters. Yes Rami is the name of one of the Main Characters. It's twist on Romeo and Juliet.

------------------------------------

"Are you sure Ahk?" asked Sabra waiting at the door.

"I'm sure" The young king said wrapping the black mantle around his head. "Paper work is rather tedious and besides the more important things are happening in the evening."

Sabra gave an amused smile.

"What?" asked Ahkmenrah.

"Nothing. Just that you are the most reckless king I've ever met."

"And you've known many kings?"

"I worked with traders Ahk. Of course I know many kings."

Mostly Tyrants. Thought Sabra remembering the cold hearted kings she had met...remembering the life escaping from their bodies as they struggled against her sword.

Life. Something so precious. Seeing it escape someone was both thrilling and terrifying...

"Let's go then." shouted Ahkmenrah jumping down from the balcony.

"You've improved" remarked Sabra as he landed effortlessly on both feet. She followed suite.

After they leapt over the palace walls Sabra finally asked:

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere not as reckless as you think..."

They finally arrived at the market square. Ahkmenrah turned to see Sabra's confused face and laughed.

"I expected something more...dramatic." she said slightly surprised. "Why here anyway?"

"It's the heart of the city. It is also my heart."

"That is deep. Are you saying you are the city?"

"In a sense. I was born here. Raised here. I will die here. I don't why but I've always had a strong connection with Ineb-Hedg. Kahmun also did...no...does" He cocked his head confused "...no...did...does...urgh!"

Sabra understood his confusion well and wisely said nothing for a while. When she was sure he had cooled his head a little she asked.

"What do you want to do?"

Ahkmenrah looked around. "I want to go everywhere. I haven't done that in many months. Gods only know when I will be able to do that again"

The market place was alive. Children raced about their legs, screaming and laughing. Old men were playing Senat, a board game. The constant clicking and clacking of the figures on the board resonated through the square. For every beggar Ahkmenrah gave a gold deben.

"May Isis bless your soul!" they would exclaim. On the inside Ahkmenrah would think Isis has already cursed it. But to the beggars he politely gave his thanks and went his way.

By midday they had just watched a play. It was comedy, about a handmaiden of Isis who (as revenge from Hathor) had fallen in love with donkey. They had laughed heartily at the girl's antics. But after a while Ahkmenrah thought how cruel it was of the gods to control people's lives for their own benefit. Simply selfish.