Chapter 31: Remembering

Hi! So I felt bothered to make a trailer for this book so I did! Please watch it! I put a lot of effort into it.

Thank you all for 10k.

------------------------------------

It was as if all of Egypt had agreed to destroy the Sumerian Army after the deaths of these three people. All of whom the Pharaoh and his family held dear. There was Ptah the man who had found Merenkahre's body. Nailah, whom Ahkmenrah later learnt was Kain's bride to be. And finally Ramses...he couldn't describe how much his little cousin's death pained him. He hadn't felt like this since his father's death.

Now whenever a new animal from a far off land was brought in to trade, Ahkmenrah would remember Ramses. For Ramses had loved all creatures. He would quietly excuse himself from the room and leave it to officials to discuss goods and trade. Ahkmenrah refused to even go to the stables for many days. Even Ramses baby lion cub Kovu realised something was amiss.

All three deaths were a tragedy, but in the hearts of all people Ramses death was the most tragic. Ptah had lived a honest life of a farmer, he had seen his grandchildren be born. Even Nailah had seen many things, she had loved, she had lived. But Ramses, he hadn't been out of the city walls. Ahkmenrah recalled how excited Ramses was to even go to the edge of the city. How tragically his life had been cut short. He had everything ahead of him. A whole life. Now he was gone. Never to live, laugh, cry or ask about the birth of children ever again.

Now he was sitting with his brother in silence. Sullenly Ahkmenrah asked:

"Why?"

"I do not know Ahk. But this means war..."

"What do you mean?"

Kahmunrah looked at his little brother with a puzzled expression. "Haven't you heard?" he asked.

"Heard what?"

"It was all Sargon's doing. There was letter next to bodies. It had many insults. Ahk if we don't act now Sumer will destroy us."

Ahkmenrah was suddenly filled with a strong loud vengeance, he looked at his brother, who shared the same expression as him, he seemed to be itching for the next words that escaped Ahkmenrah's lips. "We will destroy Sumer before they destroy us"

---------------------------------

She forlornly out of the window. A single tear slipped down her cheek. Then another and another. It seemed almost as if two rivers had formed on the lovely contours of face, for the tears were ceaseless. She had never thought that Ramses should have died and so early.

Ramses being the little boy he was absolutely adored Ismara. Ramses saw past the cold, bitchy exterior that Ismara held. He saw a girl, that could be as warm and as fun as anyone. With Ramses Ismara felt the things she had missed out on in her miserable childhood, love, fun and happiness. Now that he was gone, Ismara was sure she would never feel the same again. Then as if to make the situation worse, the smallest slightest protrusion occurred to her belly. But it was enough to know that she was with child.

She dreaded telling Khufu or even Kahmunrah about it.

At least Kahmunrah would understand...hopefully.

Then she wiped the tears from her eyes. She had to tell Khufu, then when Kahmunrah would come she will tell him too.

Better now than never.

-----------------------------------

Khufu allowed his 'daughter' to come in.

"What is it my dear?" he said in a voice that was poisonous in its own sweetness.