Chapter 32: Nightmares

Sorry I haven't updated. I have been experiencing a few personal issues and emotional problems and haven't been able to update. I'd like to thank you for being patient. BTW if you guys haven't checked out the trailer. Please do so. The video is just above.

Thank you so much for 11k.

-----------------------------------

It took her two whole days to pull herself fully out of the dreaded nightmare. Even then she was still on the verge of falling back in.

Seknut tended to her like a mother. But Sabra didn't feel like she deserved such kindness. She was a monster. Unstable. On the brink of madness.

She almost killed the Pharaoh, who was one of her best friends. God only knows what she was capable of if Ahkmenrah hadn't stopped her. That was her guilty thoughts stopped flowing for a moment.

How on Earth had stopped her? Last time she had fought him, she had been going easy and he had still emerged battered and bruised. Then she remembered the terrible strength that had coursed through his arms then. A jarring formidable force, something that momentarily shattered the nightmare around her.

Then she remembered the blood on her hands and the four jagged lines across his cheeks.

She had hurt him. She wasn't sure whether she was ready to forgive herself yet.

But I have to be strong. She reminded herself. I'll go back tomorrow. I can't be weak there is no room for weakness. There is never room for weakness.

-----------------------

Kahmunrah kissed her lightly on the forehead before he left. Her face was so peaceful when she slept. But he somehow knew that there was something troubling her.

He lightly touched her belly and smiled. There was something about his unborn son that made him feel complete. He hoped in his heart that he should survive this war and see his child be born.

He realised he couldn't stay longer. He wondered whether Ahkmenrah was awake yet. Most likely not considering how sad he seemed the night before. Probably dead drunk.

He left the room closing the door softly behind him.

He walked quietly to his room. His deep mood giving his eyes a more intense look. If he were to look at anyone at that moment they would have been forgiven in thinking that he could see their soul.

Just outside the room he shared with his brother he saw Sabra. She was switching places with another guard. As soon as the other guard left he addressed her.

"So you're finally back" he said.

There was a small glitter in her otherwise sullen blue eyes and she nodded.

"Ahk was worried sick"

"Was he?" she asked in a puzzled voice.

Kahmunrah nodded.

Then Sabra handed him a letter. "I met your mother she told me to give this to you."

He read the letter and grimaced. Shepseheret wanted to talk about both Ahkmenrah and him to get married. Not to each other of course but to women of 'notable birth' as she believed they needed 'strong females by their side' and also it was about time as 'normal men got married as early as fifteen'.

"What's wrong?" asked Sabra noticing Kahmunrah's discomfort.

"Nothing it's just that mother wants Ahk and I to get married" he realised what is sounded like and corrected himself "Mother wants us to marry women of notable birth but the thing is I...I..." how could he explain he was already married?