Chapter 41: Defiance

Sargon lounged about throne. The same throne that the Pharaoh's of old had sat. The same throne that Merenkahre and Ahkmenrah had occupied. The same throne that Khufu and Kahmunrah wished they had occupied.

He inspected the women. The women who had fought against them. They were stripped down and brought to him. But they didn't make any attempt to cover themselves. That in itself was an act of defiance. They had no reason to feel ashamed in front of the Sumerians. They weren't worth feeling ashamed.

His eyes fell on Shepseheret. The most beautiful, with her full breasts and slim figure. Despite this, the Sumerian General felt no lust towards her.

"Which one is the one they call Sabra?" he asked.

One of the captains pointed to her.

Sargon was expecting a raging beauty. He was disappointed.

Her facial features were quite average in all aspects. All except her eyes. The most startling shade of blue he had ever seen. Her body was different from the others. It was covered in scars for one. The muscles were strong and tight. Her breasts were nothing exceptional. But he couldn't keep his eyes of them.

He could see that she was like him. That was was want ingratiated him towards her. Not not just ingratiated. He was filled with an all consuming passion for this woman. He wanted her. He wanted her to be his.

"I want her and the mother queen" he whispered to the Captain.

The captain gave him a quizzical look. He understood the mother queen but he was utterly confused on why Sargon would want Sabra out of all the women.

"The rest of them are to be distributed to the other officers." he talked as if they were objects. Which filled Sabra with rage. She had worked all her life to be seen more than something to lust over. She made sure she was the best at everything just so society could give better treatment to women.

The other women were led out.

Sabra and Shepseheret remained.

He gestured to them both. "Clothe them and bring them back."

The women were led out.

After a few minutes they came back. Dressed in similar clothing.

His eyes fell on Sabra instantly. He stood up, his eyes raking her scantily clad body.

She stood rigidly. Her muscles tensed as his hand landed on her bare stomach. Slowly it made it's way to her breast then to her shoulder, to the strap that held everything. One tug and it would all fall away. Well at least the top part.

But that would come later. He pulled her close to him and kissed her full on the mouth.

Feeling utterly violated, Sabra pushed away the perpetrator and punched him in the eye. Sargon's head snapped to the side.

The Sumerian guards approached her, spears ready.

But instead of anger, amusement filled Sargon's eyes. He will have her. He gestured for the guards to lower their weapons.

He turned to Anbir who was watching this scene unfold with disgust.

"Bring in the former Pharaoh and Prince." said Sargon.

--------------------------

Ahkmenrah never thought he'd ever be in a cell in his whole life. But here he was, in a dank cold place known as a dungeon. It had probably been hours, or minutes or seconds since he had been thrown in. He couldn't tell. He was weighed down by one simple human emmotion.