Chapter 45: Most Dangerous Job

It had been three days since Sabra had returned their weapons. There had been nothing since then. No visits, no news not even a scrap of paper with two words written on it. Nothing.

And Ahkmenrah was growing restless. He was fidgety always walking around, playing with everything. Even when he was sitting down his fingers would be doing something, strumming the floor making music of some kind or making something out of loose straws. His only moment of peace came when he remembered Sabra kissing his cheek.

Naturally Kahmunrah, who preferred peace, who even hated the sound of loud chewing, was annoyed at his brothers constant restlessness. This only made him more frustrated and even caused short bursts of insanity and rage.

Kain tried to keep everyone's spirits up, joking and laughing, but from time to time you could catch a crazed glimmer in his eyes. Shepseheret too tried keep everyone's hopes up, but she herself seemed tired.

Sabaf remained quiet, only making occasional comments. He didn't feel like talking and he was constantly plagued by the safety of his sister and also the safety of Sabra.

All five would have gone insane. So you could imagine their relief when the door opened. Thinking it was Sabra, Ahkmenrah shot up, only to seen the Sumerian General himself.

"Where is she?" Sargon growled.

"Where is who?" asked Ahkmenrah.

"You know whom I am talking about. The girl...Sabra. I've scoured the whole palace for three days. I haven't found her. But I know you know where she is. So tell me!!"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"Arrrgggghhhh!!" exclaimed Sargon. "LIAR!!!" He accused.

After screeching many vulgar profanities the Sumerian General calmed down somewhat and turned to one his guards.

"Tie them up!" he ordered. "It's time they were put to some real use!"

--------------------------

They were chained together and once again Kahmunrah felt powerless. He had no freedom. He hated the feeling of having basic freedom taken from him. He hated being powerless and at the mercy of someone who wasn't even worth his pinky toe.

The once great warriors of Egypt were made to march. Their feet procuring blisters, as the hot desert sand burned through their soles.

Rumour had it that there hadn't been any rain since Egypt's defeat to Sumer. The whispering rang in Kahmunrah's ears.

The rain will come and so will your family's reign upon Egypt.

Despite the hot air it sent a chill down his spine.

The whisperings were coming true. As long as the Sumerian's ruled Egypt there will be no rain. Egypt will be under a drought.

Then a thought occurred to Kahmunrah. A thought that he always tried to push back.

What if it's never going rain in Egypt?

Well then this place, one of the jewels of the Middle East, will be nothing but a desert and the remains of what it used to be. Kahmunrah didn't want to see that. So he hoped that it would rain, once they carried out Khufu's plan. Otherwise it would all be for nothing.

He really didn't know where they were going. Then he saw his beloved Pyramid of Giza. Even half finished it seemed to tower over every other Pyramid in sight. Then it hit him.

He was going to build what he created. It filled him with both pleasure and anger. Pleasure because it was for something he loved, and anger because it was now under the control of an enemy.

At least it will be built sooner, if his calculations proved correct, there will be at least ten times as more men working on this site. He knew there were now three hundred thousand men now. Which meant it could possibly be built faster than her expected. Maybe they could finish it by the end of this year.

But he didn't want the credit going to anyone else. Especially not to Sargon.

The men were then sorted into groups. Each group had a job to do. Some had to cut out the sandstone and granite. Others had to shape it into perfect little blocks. Finally the most dangerous job of all, to carry and place the large blocks in the pyramid.

Lucky for Ahkmenrah, Kahmunrah and Kain they had exactly this job.

-------------------------------

Sabra watched them and desperately wish she could free them all. But that was impossible.

She had spent the last three days, looking after Ismara who had been ill due to anxiety and most likely depression. She wore Ismara's clotehs. They felt strange on her. She had seen her mother wear the Egyptian clothing meant for women. As a child Sabra had only worn a tunic. After the death of her parents and joining the White Lion Clan she had worn Arabian clothing. When she came back to Egypt she was required to wear the modified version of a guard's uniform. She had never worn what women were supposed to wear.

She fingered the fine linen. She had her hair braided down one shoulder. For that moment, when she was at ease looking out of window savouring the hot wind, she actually looked quite beautiful. But her face didn't glow with it. It was more of depressing look, like the waves of the ocean glimmering under the starlight waiting for the sun.

She remembered Ahkmenrah's face when she was just about to leave. Then she blushed remembering the kiss. Indeed now the sun had risen and she glowed with beauty. But remembering that she had a job to do and couldn't possibly fall in love with him now.

There was knock the door.

The beauty that had arrived on her features was now gone. Her face resume a serious expression as Ismara opened the door.

Khufu sat in front of Sabra.

"I have a job for you." He announced "But be warned it's the most dangerous of all"

-------------------

Hey how was it?! Picture of Sabra above.

I dedicate this chapter to Rami Malek (I wish he had wattpad) because....it's his birthday!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
YOUR ONE HUNDRED AND TWO
YOU LOOK LIKE A MONKEY
AND YOU SMELL LIKE ONE TOO

Jk your beautiful!

Until next time!

Sayonara