Chapter 29: Her Discomfort & Betrayal

(The Owner Of The Green Eyes)
____________________

Having the food in my arms, I decided to walk in my two-legged form. I was actually quite happy that I finally have some excitement to go back to a place.... even though I know it's temporary... all were temporary.... but I was glad that at least I had some excitement to go back to a place.

But....

Gzzz...!

I could even hear the Thunderclap, after a lightning in the broad daylight. The cave... the cave was actually empty!

No one was in there! That Shasha... She... Did she really left the place?!

But why?

Even though I'm an outcasted beast, I didn't force on her, I didn't go against her wishes, but I saved her and brought her food.

From the moment, she had woken up and saw me, I could feel her discomfort. It was already strange that she didn't know anything about this world.

Oh No! Wait!

The way her skin was tender and white, and deprived of any discolour (tanned skin), she must have been brought up by a big tribe, right?!

Was she playing on me?

But then again, where can she go in between such a short time?

She was chased by those hungry, greedy animals last night. Was she targeted again?

But clearly, this cave is filled with my scent! A snake beast's snake! No animals or beasts would dare to come here... unless... it's... it's those beasts!

Scorpion Beasts...!

Or other Reptile Beasts!

Oh No! Shasha don't let yourself get hurt!

For the first time in my whole existence, I hated myself! If I hadn't self-harmed myself, I wouldn't be in this situation and wouldn't fail to catch up any foreign scent.

I... I am really a failure and worthless!

_________________________
(Third Person's POV)
____________________

With self-blame and self-incompetence, Siri started to look for Sofia around every corner of the nearby areas and tribes. That time, only one thought was occupying him and that was, Sofia should keep herself safe and sound before he finds her.

But little did he know that from the start Sofia was gathering information from Siri and as soon as she saw the opportunity to escape, she tried to escape. But in the end, she was captured by a panther beast, who was both strong and handsome and had appeared in front of Sofia with full clothes on like the other territorial beasts.

After seeing such a tall and muscular 'man', Sofia immediately got attracted to him and followed the panther beast and his group, back to their tribe which was a little far away from the cave where Siri stayed.

That time, Siri was still enjoying his time to eat fish in the river, so he didn't know. And since, no one entered the cave and Sofia left on her own, he couldn't trace any foreign smell. Yet, he blamed himself for her disappearance and 'kidnapping'.

It took three months for Siri to find Sofia, but that time she had almost got adjusted to her new life and had taken in three Shans as her mates.

Four of them was making out at that time, when Siri had found Sofia.

Hurt, betrayal, sadness and disappointment were all reflecting on his green eyes. But he couldn't take it out on her. And nor on her mates as he knew that once a Shan was hurt, his mate would also experience the pain.

So, he took out all of his anger on the nearby trees and himself. And after venting out every anger, he tried to return to her side.

Bur worst, she denied the fact that she knows him at first and when she remembered him, she put her guards up against him and almost treated him like her enemy.

No matter how Siri tried to remember or get close to Sofia, she would avoid him like a plague. And her mates would sometimes sneak attack him and injured him.

He couldn't understand why! Just why?!

In which way, was he wrong?!

One day, he decided to leave the place... the place where Sofia was there.... And got ready to back to his usual life.

The temporary mark on her had long faded and there wasn't anymore connection between them.

But when he was about to leave, that tribe where they were staying got attacked. He had to stay back to protect Sofia in the end, when he saw her mates were about to lose and Sofia would be implicated and could be taken away by the Scorpion beasts.

The tribe couldn't be saved at the end, but few beasts were saved. So, all of the remaining beasts decided to move to the nearest tribe and that was Stone Tribe.

But after a few weeks of staying there, Sofia got a little soft hearted towards Siri who had again protected her from danger.

The hope that had almost demolished to nothing, was again awaken in Siri's heart.

'May be... May be she'll accept me, this time," That was what Siri had thought, before he had gone to hibernate.

But little did he know, that wasn't the case. Sofia feared the reptiles the most, specially the snakes as they are venomous. She was a little soft-hearted to Siri was because she started to feel pity for him and how he repeatedly got hurt due to protecting her.

And soon enough, Siri got hurt again. He was still hibernating when he was suddenly awakened by one of Sofia's mates, because of another surprise attack from those Scorpion beasts and they needed him to protect her.

That time, Siri had found out that Sofia had taken another two Shans in her pack. He was greatly hurt and disappointed to find out such hurtful truth, so he lost his focus for a second and got hurt by the two Scorpion Shans in the process.

With a wounded hurt and incomplete hibernation, he managed to win the fight but he was severely wounded physically. Even though Siri was a snake, scorpion poison wasn't a joke either.

Just after the battle was over and the Scorpion beasts left, Siri lost his consciousness.

A body of a big snake beast was laying there for a month, until the heavy rays of the sun fell on his skin and the eyeslids of the snake opened to show the green eyes.

The summer days had already arrived, but Siri was laying on the ground where he had lost consciousness after winning the fight against the scorpion beast.

The moment he woke, he scanned his eyes around the place. But to his surprise and great disappointment, that place was long deserted. No vibrations of life could be felt, except the tree leaves vibration.

'Sofia... She... Did she abandon me again? Why? Why did she abandon me again? I protected her despite getting poisoned by the Scorpion beasts! Still... she?!'

Siri started to hate the species called 'Shasha' after that. But, he still couldn't understand why he couldn't hate Sofia!?

It was as if a part of him knows and wants to follow Sofia as only she was the medium of his happiness.

He took a long breathe to calm himself down. But little did he know, that he could catch up with that scent again! That scent was lingering in the air till now, surrounding his existence! And he could feel that his blood was starting to boil violently because of that smell.

_________________

Hey Stars,

Does any of you have any idea what this scent is about?

Is it the scent of a Scorpion's beast.... or something else?!

Don't forget to drop your comment...

With Love, Galaxy.