Chapter 43: Tana, The Curse-filled Crystal

"Meat is ready!"

As if the four of the sentimental people ... oh no! One sentimental human and three sentimental beasts only heard those alluring three words, came running towards the place where Jemin was sitting and roasting meat.

After all of them settled down, he handed them their meat one by one. First, he handed a piece of meat carefully wrapped in leaves to Sheea and then patted her head softly stunning her.

Then he distributed the food to his other brothers (He literally tossed the newly burnt meat to them without wrapping in leaves making them glare at him as he shrugged his shoulders and concentrated on Sheea).

'Are you coaxing a child or what?' Sheea thought with a pout when Jemin messed up her hair and took a large bite of the piece. Her eyes lit up as the seasoning of the meat was so d*mn good that she fell in love.

It couldn't even compare with the human world's barbeque! It was so good!

Jemin who was waiting for her reactions smiled dotingly at her and started to eat himself.

Since, the food was so tasty, none of the other beasts made any trouble for each other and silently ate, enjoying their Shasha's warmth.

Suddenly, Sheea looked up towards Jemin with burning eyes as meanwhile she had made up her mind to exchange cooking skills with him and said, "How did you make this so tasty? Can you teach me too?"

Jemin blushed under her gaze a little. But still, he replied stoicly, "Its... that.. because I didn't like the taste of Sofia's cooked meat, but I liked her style of making the meat softer and tender. So, I copied her way of seasoning and tried with different fruits.... And of course I'll love it if I can do anything for you."

"Ohh! Then, please teach me, okay?"

Sheea looked more at him with glowing eyes as the other Shans in the cave started to get agitated but controlled their growls.

"Mmm! Okay! But, after that are you going to accept-"

"Jemin brother, why don't you tell me the main thing which you came here in the first place? Len was telling me earlier that you two came to ask for my help in your new mission."

Before Jemin could finish his proposal to the beautiful Shasha in front of him, Kevi interrupted them.

Len gave a deadly glare towards Kevi's direction. But since, the mission was too important for the tribe, he also started to hurry Jemin, "Yes, yes, brother. Since both Kevi and Kyle are here why don't we discuss it right here?"

"Mission? What mission are three of you talking about?" Kyle asked as he moved closer to his mate. Clearly, he wanted to divert Jemin's mind to the mission.

Jemin let out a huge sigh as he finished the remaining meat and placed the bones near the fire. He used one of the leaves to clean his hands as he threw the used leaf in the fire. Then, he made a serious face as he placed his hands on his lap.

Looking at his serious demeanor, everyone present became serious.

"Actually, I'm not that sure of this unannounced, sudden mission too. It's an abrupt decision made by the leopard and fox leaders. Somehow, they have come to know that there's an unique crystal trading is going on nearby the neigbouring tribes."

He stopped and glanced at everyone's faces. After making sure all of their attention was on him, he continued, "The leaders want me and Len to form separate groups and look for that trading place. They want our Tetrad Tribe to participate in that trading."

Then he turned to Kevi as he said solemnly, "We mainly came here to ask you if you had ever heard about any crystal named Tana? This crystal traders are trading only one crystals to each high bidder, each week. According to the leaders, this crystal is too unique and very costly. They want us to bring it back to our tribe anyhow, but they are refusing to give any information on it apart from it's name. Since, you're the next leader, I thought you would know it."

Kevi who was looking all serious now, was deep in thought. But even after a long time passed, as others wait for him to speak he didn't. And just when they took his silence in the negative way, he opened his mouth, "I don't quite remember encountering anything like that. Have you asked my father?"

Jemin sighed deeply as Len answered on his behalf, "We had but he didn't answer. He just said to focus on the mission and return as fast as possible."

"Strange! Why does it sound so grave and fishy to me? I think its-"

"Yeahhh!! Now I remembered!"

Kyle who was tapping his cheek while voicing out his concerns was cut off by Sheea's excited shriek.

All of the Shans turned towards her as they asked in unison, "What? You know something?"

Sheea crazily shook her head as her eyes shook in horror.

Earlier the name 'Tana' sounded very familiar to him, but only now did it stuck to her what was it all about.

Tana was the most secretive and a highly demandable crystal in the black magic. Being a green witch, she had come across this crystal for twice. And each time, she encountered it, the result wasn't good.

According to her sisters in the coven, Tana is a crystal made from extracting blood from any three mystical beasts forcefully. That crystal itself is full of curses from those beasts as it kept in a place full of flesh blood. It takes twenty years to produce a Tana.

And as far as she had remembered the plot of the novel, this Tana was once in the villain Kyle's possesion who had gone bloodthirsty after mistakenly touching it while sending it to Kevi to tarnish his reputation. Because of that his mind had collapsed and he went of killing spree.

And if she's not wrong, Jemin and Len had gone missing during a mission around this time. Then, now she can understand the novel plot correctly.

They had gone to find this crystal.

But this... what is the thing going on with this crystal now?

How could the tribe want this crystal?!

Unless they want to destroy something!

But what or who? And why?

"Sheea, do you really know something about this crystal? Then please tell us, it'll help us a lot."

Sheea broke out from her world as she was given a little shake by Len who was sitting beside her. She lickef her dry lips as she uttered, "Actually, this Tana isn't something normal as it seems or appears to be. It's..."

____________

Hey my lovely Stars,

How are you all doing?

See, I gave a double update today. This week will be double updates from today onwards. Hehe!

Please do tell me in comments how are you liking these two chapters as I want to give some adventurous plot for the next few chapters. 😉

And yeahhh! Please give me a lot.. ah no! Tons of votes, okay?!!~~~~

With love, Galaxy❤