Chapter 41: Focus On Me When We're Together

"What are you doing, Kevi?"

Sofia, who had come across the river bank to do her daily routine to freshen was shocked. Earlier, when they had met the day before, she hadn't put it to her heart that Kevi had given up on pursuing her.

She had merely thought, he was there as his brothers were there, and might have got injured for doing something reckless. Afterall, it's normal for the Shans to fight and get injured in their 'free' time.

Since, she was a normal human, she couldn't hear her mates talking with Kevi where Kevi himself admitted that he had chosen Sheea.

But now, seeing the side-profile of the Shan entangled in the river with another female (in beast world, a Shasha beast), she was sure it was Kevi!

An uneasiness spread across her heart, then to her chest as she put her clenched fists on her chest and stared at the couple.

Her eyes only carried the image of the Shan in the river as wetness started to fill them.

She felt like she was being played and then harshly betrayed.

So what was that all about? The way Kevi tried to win her heart, the way he looked at her, the way he smiled at her, the way he wanted to stay beside her.... What were all those?

He (Kevi) made her (Sofia) feel special as he only had his eyes on her (Sofia), whereas other girls (Shashas) had eyes on him.

Was it all a joke all along?

"You-" She was about to say something when she was cut off by a composed yet sarcastic voice.

"Hello there! Did you come here to freshen up?"

Earlier, their intimacy was broken just when Kevi was finally relaxing around her. But it was broken just like that by the female lead. And Sheea found it really offensive.

It was her, the female lead who didn't care about Kevi and Siri from the beginning. And now that she (Sheea) had taken them and want to protect them, what's the meaning of that look now?

And more accurately, Sofia was staring at Kevi from the time she came into view. It was really irritating.

Even though, she (Sheea) admired her (Sofia), the female lead throughout the novel, it was another thing if she (Sofia) stares at her (Sheea's) mate like that as if she wants to ravage him that instant!

[ Author: Aren't you exaggerating the fact?
Sheea: Shut up! And continue to the story!
Author: rolls her eyes]

After hearing Sheea's voice, only then did Sofia look at the Shasha (since, Sofia doesn't know Sheea is a human, she'll think Sheea is  beast as Sheea is too familiar with the terms in the beast world, unlike Sofia who knew nothing at the beginning) who had caught Kevi's eyes.

But when their eyes met, Sofia was stunned. The previous day, when they had met, she hadn't notice Sheea properly as she (Sheea) was in her disheveled self with tear stains, pluffy eyes and chapped lips with messy hair.

And now, that she was looking at the Shasha in the water, she was beyond shocked. The shasha's dark brown eyes were so captivating, specially her plump red lips. Her hair volume couldn't be ignored even when they had decreased due to water.

Due to the water, Sofia could only see the upper part of Sheea's body that started from her head and ended at the sternum. Yet, that silky smooth appearing skin with attractive collarbones with tiny water droplets, was so alluring and lips licking that she (Sofia) as a woman couldn't help but got attracted.

On the other hand, the Shans were just glaring at each other. Gerry and Eric, who had accompanied Sofia in her bath had always found Kevi to be nothing but an eyesore and now that he was taken, they still found him an eyesore, as through their mated bond they could clearly feel the current emotions Sofia was having because of Kevi.