Chapter 48: Crying Without Tears

In the large cave like hall, Kevi, Jemon and Len finally finished giving the updates to their father, the wolf leader, Simon and looked at him with deep eyes.

Their mother was sitting at the side, circled by her other mates.

But after the trio finished reporting, all looked at the trio and got deep in thought.

Finally, after a lot of times, Simon voiced out. But his words were pointed towards his mate, "Are you sure that Shasha isn't someone bad and will harm the tribe?"

Lisa who was concerned about her sons' safety and thinking of a way how to stop the tragic future that she saw in Sheea's mind to happen, glanced at her mate lazily with a raised brow, "Are you doubting my abilities now? It's looking like I'm pampering you top much."

"Ahh- ahh? What are you talking about, my Shasha? I'm just-"

Lisa didn't let him finish as she waved her hands non-chalantly, "Whatever! I've long taken a glimpse in her mind and soul. I believe in her. She's the one we need by our side at all cost."

"Ah! Okay, okay. As you say. I've full confidence in your abilities. Whatever you say is right," Simon tried to butter up after he again confirmed the sudden appearance of Sheea.

But who would have thought, that his mate was more ruthless than him, one of the four leaders of the tribe?

Lisa simply waved her hand and said in a righteous manner, "Yeah! Yeah! Whatever! I forgive you! Just don't show your face in front of me for a few nights."

Simon's face immediately crumbled as he looked at his mate and felt like crying without tears for questioning his mate.

He looked at his son for help. But in reply, Kevi simply avoided his father's pleading gaze and started to discuss some businesses with Jemin.

Simon crying without tears (+1)

When Lisa felt like they were getting off the topic as she saw her mate getting off the track, she couldn't help but fake a cough and glare at him, "Aren't you forgetting something serious, Wolf Patriach?"

She intentionally forced out the last two words, gaining the attention of Simon. On the other hands, it took a whole lot of energy for Lisa's other mates not to laugh out loud and offend the wolf leader amd the first husband of their mate.

Yet, their shaking shoulders betrayed them, earning a glare from Simon.

With a fake cough, he earned the attention of everyone and started his interrogation anew, "So you mean to say it's your Shasha who said all of those things to you?"

Everyone looked at Simon with a gaze of 'Isn't it what was said from the start? Was your ears bitten off in a fight?'

Kevi reluctantly nodded and said, "Yes, father. So I think that you should discuss this matter with the other leaders and then send my brothers to trade. Afterall, it's not good to endanger the lives of our Shans casually."

"Hmm.. I'll have to pay a visit with the other leaders, I guess. Afterall, it's a serious matter. Is there anything else did she say?"

Kevi frowned and looked at Len and Jemin. Both of them shook their heads saying 'no more left to say' and hence he turned back to his father, "That's all father."

"Okay. So, you three can-"

But before the wolf leader could finish his words, two guards came running in to the cave, wagging their tails rapidly, "Leader, leader, bad news. That new Shasha is beatting the hell out of Bura. You need to hurry to stop the fight."

Silence. Absolute silence in the cave.

"Leader? We need to hurry to stop the fight!"

It was only after the voice of urgency again echoed in the cave did Simon snap back from his shock and cleared his ears hastily, "What? What did you say? Bura is beating the new Shasha?"

All looked at the two guards with menacing gazes. But what they repeated stirred all of their hearts and heads, "No, leader. That Shasha is beating Bura. Please come faster. If it goes on like this, that tiger will die."

"Haha, are you serious? Is my baby daughter-in-law that amazing? Oh my! Oh my! Let's go my darlings and see this amazing seen! C'mon!" Lisa chirped by clapping her hands. She was clearly excited to see this once in a million years scene. How could she miss that free show?

And as for the wolf leader, Simon... he again felt like crying without tears!

Just what the hell is wrong with these beasts? Or is anything wrong with him or the whole d*mn world?

Why isn't there any peace?

Compared to their excited mother, Kevi and his brothers were the calmest from the start to the end. They're clearly habituated in that scene.

Yet those sparkling eyes betrayed them how excited they were to see the third strongest beast getting beaten up by their Shasha.

Simon glanced at his mate and then at his son and stepsons. Now he's sure, all his mate's sons had inheritated his mate's mentality. All of them were nuts! And soon he'll become one too!

With a shake of his head, he walked towards the 'legendary scene' followed by others.

But unfortunately, when they appeared, all the fights were over. They only saw Sheea's figure throwing a yellow tiger thrice her size, beaten black and blue at the side.

And what they heard surprised them even more.

"If I ever find out you're badmouthing my mate again whether in front of him or behind his back, I'll let you taste the tortures of hell by then," Sheea spat on Bura's face.

Then she looked at the crowd circlimg her with a warning eyes, "And also, you all, listen it very carefully. Kyle is mine, my mate. If you ever dare to mock, even if you're a Shasha, I don't mind giving you a taste of real torture worse than death."

Hearing her domineering words, even the Wolf leader, Simon had to gulped down his saliva nervously. It wasn't because he was scared. He wasn't scared at all.

But her eyes and voice was too much to bear. It was more authorizing that wants obedience at all costs, than his, a Leader's.

As for Lisa, her eyes were glowing so much like they would turn sun and stars in the sky, giving out light at night.

She even screamed internally, "Oh ho! That's it, my Shasha. You're second to none. The best."

As for her mates, they were looking at the scene as if they were looking at the goddess of death. Beautiful Yet Intimidating.

Kevi, Jemin and Len lookef at Sheea aggrievedly and then at Kyle enviously. They too wanted to be loved and cared by her like that. Standing in front of them and declaring they are hers.

But... leave it.

Sheea who got back by her mates side, took his hands in his and was about to turn to look at the direction from where a series of intense gazes were coming, was suddenly hugged by a soft thing. Thanks to her quick reflexes and years of training, she didn't fall down with the load hugging her neck.

Then, the 'load' retracted herself amd looked at Sheea, "You're so awesome, girl. What they say in your language. Yeah... Badass!"

"Mom?"

Lisa who had successfully took advantage of the dazed state of the Shans beside her, had slipped and came face to face with her daughter-in-law and even started fan-girling in her.

As for Lisa's mates and sons who had never seen her close to any Shasha apart from her mom: "..." Who are you?

The crowd: "..." Who am I?

Sheea who had just calmed down: "..." Where am I?

Everyone (except Lisa): Is the world ending today?