64. Bitter regrets. ( finale pt 3)

OMNISCIENT POV...

It's been over two weeks since the facedown at the bridge. No one could believe what had happened, everything seemed like it was a dream, but it sadly wasn't.  It was a harsh, and cold reality.  It was good and bad news that had occurred due to what had happened in Mexico.  It was supposed to be a smooth take down but too much has happened.

Currently Dayvon was on a phone call, awaiting to go to trial. He was talking to his friend Duke, Duke was one of Von other good friends from Chicago. Dayvon only trusted Duke at this point because all of his other friends just ghosted him, even his siblings. Duke was all that he had left.

" Did you hear about the situation with Bria, yo babymomma?" Duke asks, breaking the small silence.

" My wife," Von corrected him.

" Yeah yo wife, did you hear?" Duke asks.

" Nah, what happened?" Von asks him, his tone anxious..

When he heard that Bria jumped off the bridge his heart broke. He really hoped that she wasn't found at the bottom of that lake, he didn't know if he could live on knowing she wasn't alive.

" They didn't find her body in the lake, so she somewhere around here ", Duke says.

" Thank God," Von chokes out, small tears running down his face.

" I know Allah really working fa her, she was shot so it was no telling if she die-"

" Nah Gang dont say that ", Von says quickly cutting him off.

" So how you feeling about this sentencing?" Duke asks, changing the subject.

" I dont know gang, my own momma testified against me, Durk, India, even Booka", Von says, sighing, he could feel himself becoming sad again..

" Bria was the star witness right?" Duke asks.

" yeah, but since they can't find her that's why they gotta sentence me today
", Von explains to him..

" You know if I wasn't on house arrest I would've been there", Duke says.

" I know gang,  I'll be calling you in a couple days", Von says to him.

" Fasho, love gang", Duke says.

" Love, also find out where my kids at", Von says.

" Fasho I got you, " Duke says, before he hangs up the call.

Sadness rushed over Von as he hangs up the phone with Duke. He knew it will be his last call for a long while, Duke knew that too. You would because Durk has attempted to kill Von that his testimony didn't matter, but the Chicago police department wanted Von badly, they didn't even report Von had gotten shot by Durk. The justice system was sk cruel and wicked to black men, everyone knew what had happened but still didn't dare to mention it.

The police officers grabbed Dayvon roughly, man handling him and taunting him as they took him to the courtroom.  Von was numb to this process, he just wanted this to be over. Momma Tasha stood in the courtroom her face with no emotion as her son entered the courtroom.  It broke her heart to see that her son was in this situation. But she was just trying to do what she felt was best, she wasn't sure hurt she hoped something good would come out of all this.