~ Chapter 5 ~

"So, the headache is just a continuation from this morning?" Angel asked once he got them out of the parking lot. Judith took the ponytail down and shook her hair before resting it on the headrest.

"Yes! God, it was just a wretched day with everyone yelling and getting pulled in multiple directions. Honestly, I would love to call in sick tomorrow." She rubbed her eyes and then moved her fingers back to her temples. She noticed that Angel wasn't like other typical young people with the blasting of their music in the car, and she was so grateful for that at this moment.

"Yeah, didn't see you around too much. Granted, we weren't shooting anything yet." Angel turned down another street and Judith realized this wasn't the way to her house. She sat up a little more before turning to look at him. He glanced at her and then chuckled as he shook his head. "Again, uptight."

"Yeah, but where are we going?"

"I told you it's a surprise. How about you just rest and trust me, huh? I promise I won't attack you, kill you, or even bite you, yet." Judith snapped her head back around to stare at him after that comment. Yet, what yet? What the hell was with that yet? But his lips smirked, and she had a strong feeling she wouldn't get anything out of him. Not that she didn't trust him, because she did, which was foolish. Even young and good-looking Hollywood stars could be murderers. But that really wasn't the vibe he was giving off. So, she did the opposite of what she wanted to do and leaned back in the seat, allowing him to do whatever he wanted. "Good, you look a lot better when you relax."

"So, sue me, I don't trust easily."

"You don't fucking say, JD." She laughed and smacked his arm.

"Language, young man! I would hate to have to scold you for that!" The image flashed of them in bed, her kneeling over him, scolding him in other ways than spanking and her cheeks flamed red.

"Oh, don't you dare tempt me, JD," he told her as he pulled up to a dark building with nothing more than a simple neon sign by the front door. He parked the car and turned to her, resting his arm on the back of her seat. "Or I might make you promise to uphold that, and then make sure you keep your promise." He winked at her and climbed out of the car, letting her fight the blazing heat on her cheeks. He just flirted with her, and she couldn't understand why. Not that she didn't like it, but men didn't flirt with her! They didn't see her like that, that's why her stories always had great love lives because hers truly sucked.

Besides, she was almost as old as his mother, he really couldn't see her in some kind of sexual light. Wouldn't that be odd and gross for him? No, she shook her head and reached for the handle, surprised when the door opened, and he held his hand out to her. She looked up at him, at the glint in his eyes, and she fought the urge to crawl back into the car and slam the door on him. Those eyes spoke volumes and she wasn't sure she was up to the task that they were promising.

"Angel," she said quietly as she took his hand, enjoying the warmth that was there.

"Don't sweat it, JD. Now, come on, this is a privately owned club, and the owner is my friend." He didn't let go of her hand as they left the car and headed into the building. And as all the eyes turned to stare at them, he still didn't drop her hand. In fact, she was almost tempted to, but the hold he kept on it told her he wasn't letting go. And really, she didn't want to let go. So, she followed him to a corner booth and watched as he nodded to someone behind the bar. "You drink, don't you?" She lifted a brow before she smirked.

"Are you even old enough to be drinking, sir?" she countered. He chuckled as he rested his arms on the back of the booth.

"Just barely. Want to see my license so you don't doubt me?"