~ Chapter 41 ~

"If you could go anywhere, see any sight in the whole world, what would it be?" Judith stared up at the sky as she lay on Angel's stomach, his fingers gently rolling through her hair. After three days of being on the go and showing him all her town had to offer, she took him to the park for a picnic lunch, compliments from her mom. She had brought a blanket and they had decided to cloud watch, a pastime that was soon becoming something she enjoyed.

"You mean like some historical park or something?"

"I mean, would you want to go to Paris and see the Eiffel Tower? Would you want to go to Egypt and see the Pyramids?"

"Don't laugh, but I'd love to rent a class igloo out in Greenland and see the Northern Lights. It's cold as all get out, but I bet it would be so gorgeous. And I heard those igloos are beautiful."

"God, you don't half-ass do it?"

"What do you mean?" she asked, turning her head to look at him.

"You don't pick someplace warm or exotic. Nope, you go for one of the coldest places." He laughed and she rolled her eyes, letting out a humph.

"When I was a little girl, we had to do a project on parts of the world. I was stuck with Greenland and believe me; I didn't want it. I knew next to nothing about the place. Hell, I barely knew where it was. But I was a good student and strived to do everything with a good grade in mind. So, I went to the library and checked out what books I could.

"I hated the cold pictures and reading about how cold it got up there. But when I was halfway through a book, I came across pictures of the Northern Lights. The colors blew me away. In my childlike mind, I had no idea how colors like that could be made, so I vowed I would see it myself one day.

"I got an A on the project, and I was happy. But that's not what I took away from that project. I wrote my very first story based on the Northern Lights. It talked about how Santa came from the magic that those were. Because colors like that were magic. It was a very short story, but my family loved it. And thus, everything else fell into place. Where would you go?"

"Well," he started, clearing his throat. "I was thinking like you know, Bora, Bora or Egypt, but I think I want to accompany you to Greenland. I don't think I've ever fallen in love with anything like you fell in love with that." Judith grinned but shrugged.

"Ask my mom about that, promise you, it wasn't pretty. I was upset all the time that my mom wouldn't take me to go see them. Of course, I didn't understand a damn thing about leaving the country, or how much a trip like that would cost. Now as an adult, I feel sorry for bugging my mother that much. She just laughs, but I can't imagine how much that shit annoyed her."

"I'll make sure to bug her about going when we get back to your place," he teased her, and she laughed. "This is really peaceful."

"I love this park. It's not a really busy one, especially since the park is so simple and small. But it's a great date spot on a budget. Not that I'm taking you to all the date spots. But it's a quiet location and a nice place to talk. And with the houses all around, not too much shit can happen. Unless you're risky that way."

"How many times did you come here with dates?"

"You're the first, Angel. Swear. In fact," she shifted so she was leaning over him, looking down. "You're the first I went anywhere with like that. I know of these spots and have been there myself a lot of the time, but don't go there with guys." His hands brushed her hair back, a smile on his lips. Looking down at him like this, her breath caught. There was something in her eyes, something she couldn't place. Or maybe she didn't want to place. At least not for certain.