~ Chapter 45 ~

"What the fuck is going on?" Angel questioned, throwing his bag into the back of the cab, a week later. He had gotten an email from Molly twelve hours ago that he was to be packed up and, on a flight, heading to Greenland.

What the fuck was in Greenland? They weren't filming there that he knew of. Granted, things had changed since he came back from his trip with Judith, and he really couldn't say anything. No one was even coming up to him anymore, and he couldn't blame them. Molly was vague in stating that the studio was sending them over for some damn bonding trip. He didn't want to do that. He wanted to be done with this shit and walk away.

In fact, just three days ago, he was packing some stuff up and came across Judith's books. He debated for over an hour on tossing them, giving them away, or keeping them. As much as he was hurt and wanted to strangle her, and then kiss her, he couldn't part with them. So, he stuffed them back on his bookshelf, but he made sure to cover them up so no one could see them. Or maybe it was so that he couldn't see them.

He sighed as his head rested against the window of the cab. Every time he saw her on set, he wanted to pull her in his arms and demand to know what the hell was going on. Why she would want to end what they had? It had been weeks since he held her, kissed her, and he missed her. Nothing seemed to be as enjoyable without her by his side. He had even taken his telescope out to see the stars, and they just seemed as dim to him as his life had been. That sucked too.

"We're here, sir." Angel opened his eyes, not realizing how lost in thought he was.

"Thanks," he said, paying the guy and getting out, grabbing his bag. He headed in and went through security, making quick work of it. Finally, taking his passport back, he went to his gate and waited for the long ass flight.

-----

Eighteen hours later, Angel walked off the plane and out of the airport, surprised to see no one there to pick him up. If the studio was demanding this time, wouldn't it be up to them to provide transportation? He was going to assume there was a hotel room too. After all, Molly just said to pack, nothing else. But he hadn't bothered to check and maybe that was his dumb-ass mistake.

"Get in." Angel stepped back from the curb, shocked to see Molly there in the car. "Not waiting for your sad ass, let's go." She popped the trunk and he finally put his bag in and then got in.

"What the hell is all this for?" he questioned which she shrugged at.

"Told you, some bonding crap. The studio is pissed over how everything is going down, so they said that we need to work on this. I got in earlier and figured I'd pick you up." She glanced at him. "You have your own place for today, let yourself get acclimated here and get rid of the jetlag, but tomorrow, I'm taking you someplace else." Angel narrowed his eyes, but he didn't comment. He was so in the dark about this and couldn't help but believe her.

"Sure," he said, closing his eyes and resting his head back. Twenty minutes later, he was in his room and plopped on his bed, sleep claiming him while he tried to remember something about Greenland.

-----

The following afternoon, after a good rest to get him sturdy, Molly picked him up and took him to more of a remote location. He kept glancing around, seeing how they kept leaving any area of civilization.

"Are you going out to the middle of nowhere to kill me?" She laughed and shook her head.

"I could have done that back in LA. Nope. Just going somewhere special. And once you get there, I just ask one favor." Molly turned down a road and, in the distance, he could see some type of building.

"Maybe, since you aren't killing me."

"Just listen with an open mind." He frowned but didn't ask anything as she pulled up to an igloo. He got out, looking around, and took his bag from her but before he could ask, she was back in the car and taking off, leaving him alone. He glanced around then fought off a shiver as a cold blast of wind swept up. He knew he was set up but not for what. With a deep breath, he opened the door, almost half tempted to turn back around as he saw Judith standing there.