~ Chapter 33 ~

With a groan, Judith rolled over and curled up into the warm body next to her. She knew she had to get up and they had to leave soon, but she didn't want to leave this cocoon they had built. Couldn't they just escape the world and make love daily?

"Let's go sleepy head," he nudged her. She grunted in response. After the amazing experience they shared last night, he rolled off of her and pulled her in his arms. Together, they fell fast asleep, the windows open, letting the ocean air cool them off. She wouldn't have minded being woken up to another turn in the middle of the night, but it also made her pride soar at the thought that he slept so soundly, and she did that.

"No," she grumbled, burying her head under the pillow. He lifted the sheet and smacked her bare ass, making her jump. "Hey," she cried out, finally coming out.

"The car will be here shortly, and I don't think you want me to drag you out naked, though I wouldn't mind seeing that."

"Fine, fine, you win. I'm up." She yawned and stretched, gasping at the pain between her legs. He was by her side in an instant.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, totally okay," she told him, waving him off. He stood and slowly walked back to their bags, his eyes still on her though. "Sore, Angel. It's not my thing to spend so much time screwing someone, you know." His eyes lit up and she shook her head. "Oh, get off it. Do I have time for a quick shower?" He glanced down at his watch and nodded.

"Yup. You go ahead and I'll get breakfast made for us. By the time we clean up, the car should be here."

-----

"There you are!" Angel turned as they climbed out of the car, his brow lifted.

"I took a break. There was no rule saying I had to stay here." Judith climbed out as well, glancing between the director and Angel.

"I know that, but you two should not have left together, nor came back together."

"Her cottage was next to mine, why would we drive different cars? Beside the point. What I do on my free time, is that. What's the urgent matter because I can hear it in your voice."

"We have a press conference and you're needed, like now."

"Why didn't someone inform me of the change?" Angel asked and Judith crossed her arms. There hadn't been any word to either of them about needing to come back early.

"I tried calling, but I kept going straight to voicemail." He stopped and looked at Judith. "I tried contacting the both of you." Judith knew she should feel sheepish as they turned their phones off the moment they got to the cottage, but she couldn't. Maybe Angel should have kept his on for an emergency, like this. But even still, if a break is called, it's worth it and it shouldn't be cut short because some type of press conference is called by the studio or something.

"Sorry, a break is a break." Angel shrugged and then grabbed their bags. "What's the point of this conference anyway? What's the big deal?"

"Promotion of course. Garnish some press to post a little more about it." Judith wanted to roll her eyes but refrained. She had heard a lot about the press and the crap going on. She didn't think half the things that needed to be that were happening, but it wasn't her call. In essence, she was just here for the ride. With that, she offered Angel a smile before getting her bag from his hand and heading into the hotel. He had things to do, and she'd be there to support him, but she didn't need to be there now.