~ Chapter 22 ~

Angel couldn't stop his eyes from trailing back to the woman by his side. He was getting more and more consumed by her and though he didn't mind, he wasn't sure it was good. When she started the ignoring trick again, he was furious and couldn't understand it. Not that she had made it make any more sense, but he couldn't fault her feelings. He just hated that she retreated rather than opened up. He had told her plenty of times that going backward wasn't good for them, and he had had enough. So, he fought for her, and he was glad he had.

And that kiss in her place? God, he wanted to haul her ass up on the counter and fuck her ten ways from Sunday, but he knew she wouldn't be okay with that, no matter how in the moment she was. And he had no doubt, she was in the moment! Her breasts were pushing against him, and those nipples were tight with pleasure. He had to fight with his body to pull away, and it was an extremely hard fight! But then, everything with her, he noticed, was a hard fight.

Sure, he had other women, he wasn't a virgin by any means, but there was just something about this woman that had him doing things he hadn't before. Or that he wanted to do. Or that he was even feeling. If someone wanted to walk away, to get inside their own head and ignore what was happening, he let them. But no, he wouldn't dare let that happen with Judith. With that, his eyes glanced over her again and this time she smiled.

He loved seeing that. Loved how it lit up her eyes, loved how beautiful she looked, even if she didn't realize it. Again, no one thought this woman was her age. And though she might think she was old, he found her to be young in other ways. He really couldn't wait to see how young she was in the bedroom either. What did they say, a lady on the street, a freak in the sheets? Yeah, he was going to bet that she was a cougar, in every sense of the word.

"What are you thinking?" she asked, her hand resting on his arm. Did he mention how he loved the tingles that shot over his skin from her touch?

"Things I want to do," he whispered, letting her mind take that apart, however it wanted to. "Come on, I can hear your stomach growling." She covered her face which was turning red, and he chuckled. "It's not that loud. Besides, the sun will be setting shortly, and I want to grab my scope, and do some star gazing with you." He could tell she liked that. And in all of his years, he couldn't recall ever doing that with a woman. He liked watching the stars since he was a kid, but no one joined him. It was something he liked doing alone, but with her, he wanted to share every little piece, this included. And what did that say about him?

"You didn't have to buy me dinner, you know," Judith told him, taking a fry out of the bag as he drove them back to his place. He glanced at her before reaching for a fry for himself and shrugged.

"You're right, I didn't have to. But buying a burger wasn't going to kill my bank account. Besides, it's fast and on the way home." With that, he pulled into the parking lot and killed the engine. "Ready to see the bachelor pad?" He climbed out, grabbing the sodas while she got the food. He wanted to laugh at the look she gave him. To him, it wasn't some pig pen, but rather, a home.

And it was something that no fling was brought back to. Again, something he wasn't sure why he was sharing. Sure, a couple of ex-girlfriends might have come by, but it wasn't like he gave them a tour or ate with them. It was more like they came to pick him up, or came over for a late-night screw, and left. This time, he was proud to show her around.

"Should I be worried?" she asked while he unlocked the front door. He chuckled this time as he pushed the door open while flipping on the light. She stepped in behind him, and he glanced at her. He enjoyed watching her reactions to the place that was his, and it did scream him. "It's clean."

"Yeah, something my mother instilled in me. You don't leave the house dirty. Come on, let's set the food down and I'll give you the tour." They set the bags down on the wood table and he took her hand. "I love cooking, so when I got this place, I needed a bigger kitchen," he told her, walking through it. The plan was open, and there were two entrances: one from the front doorway, the other to the main hallway. "This apartment has three bedrooms and two baths. Although, one of the bedrooms is currently used as an office." He shoved open both doors, allowing her to check it out. "The other guest bedroom my brothers tend to use," he mumbled, closing the door behind him once she saw it.

"And that," she pointed to the closed door at the end of the hallway, "is the master, I'm assuming?"

"Yup." Again, he took her hand and showed her his room. He favored the color blue, and it showed in the decoration of his room. His comforter on the bed was a deep blue with some pictures on the wall in a lighter blue color. "There's an ensuite bathroom too. They aren't as big as a house might be, but for me, it's perfect."

"It's nice, I like it. It's very you," she told him, a smile on her face and he returned it. His hand captured her cheek as his lips brushed over hers. If he wasn't careful, he would escort her right on over to the bed. So, with willpower he wasn't sure he could keep drawing on, he pulled away.

"Let's eat before everything gets nasty and cold. We still need to grab my scope and head back to the park." He led her back to the table, and they sat down. And honestly, he couldn't remember a time when a burger tasted so good. Or maybe it was the company that made it a better time? He was going to bank on that. And really, he loved the notion. The place was huge and sometimes a bit too much for him, but he wouldn't have traded it unless he got his own house. But sitting across from the woman, sharing in her laughs and tales, he could find her being right at home with him here, and that gave him chills, but a good kind.

"Are you done?" she finally asked, grabbing the paper of her burger.

"Yeah, I am. That's one of the best I've had. The trash can is in the corner, and I'll go get my stuff." She nodded and threw the bag away while he ran to his office and grabbed the bag. It was bigger and heavier, but he knew this would be a night to remember. "Come on," he told her, taking her hand as they walked out. Within fifteen minutes, he was pulling back into the park parking lot.

"Can't we get in trouble for being here so late?" she asked as they climbed out of the car.

"Not really. The park closes at one, I guess, but there are a lot of people that stay. At times, there are cops that patrol, but it's far between. I think I've seen one, and he was cool." He strolled over a dark spot and set up his scope. "Now, have you checked stuff out before?"

"When I was little, maybe. Can't say it's been something recent though." He glanced at her as her gaze lifted up to the night sky. He had checked a couple of days ago to make sure the moon was in the new cycle. He hadn't anticipated, then, that he would have company, though. But he also saw that a few planets were making more of an appearance in tonight's sky, so it all worked out perfectly.

"Well, tonight holds a couple of treats." He glanced through the eyepiece and shifted a few knobs before nodding at her. "Here, you can already see some gorgeous stars." She walked over and then gasped.

"Oh wow, they're so close. And bright!" She pulled back, looked at the sky, and then looked through the scope again. "What a breathtaking view."

"Now," he told her, allowing her to step back so he could adjust again. "This should be Saturn."

"Bull shit," she told him then quickly looked. "Damn, it's huge." He chuckled as he loaded his app, connected it to the scope, and then took a few pictures. "Okay, yes, I can see why you would enjoy something like this." He watched her as she smiled, enjoying the simple peace of star gazing. He wasn't sure if she gathered how much he was actually sharing with her. This was something no one really knew about him. With a deep breath, she glanced up at him, and he knew how intense his stare was. She sucked in a breath and after a few long moments, shifted her eyes to look up at the sky and he followed suit.

"Oh, a shooting star," he told her, grinning. "Did you see it?"

"Yeah."

"Did you make a wish?"

"Yup." She popped the p and he turned to look at her, his gaze once stronger as he looked his fill.

"What did you wish for?" he whispered. Her eyes collided with his again.

"I wish that I knewhow well I unnerved you as you unnerve me. And I wished to know if the same things I'm feeling, you're feeling,"she answered quietly.